free hit
counters
Water pump - change to electric - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
woldern

Water pump - change to electric

Hi,

Have been sitting and reading thread after thread about leaking water pumps, removal, assembly...

I hade mine reworked three years ago, but last summer it failed  again resulting in overheated engine.

So to the question...have anyone rebuild to use an electric pump? How would you do this? I'm planning to do this on my S3 non-turbo. But would be nice with some advice on where to place,  how to modify the old one, etc.

Woldern 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sorry, not going to answer your question but a properly rebuilt water pump should last for years, i can recommend pnm engineering, they do a proper job!

• Like 2

Agree with Steven, many places, including PNm and kHP (kemp) do refurbs using modern ceramic seals instead of the original carbon ones..

good luck.

• Like 1

In case anyone is SEARCHING this in the USA,  JAE Parts  in CA do a quality refurb job on our water pumps.  Send it to them, they return it quickly.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

a TLF member from the US did this on his turbo ("esprit Aviation") he is very happy with it. (I am doing it on my s3 but work came to a stillstand as my banks 62 needs all my time at the moment) so I can not yet tell you anything about my project. I have the pump up front with a 3 way thermostat, a small cpu controls waterpump speed so I can set the engine temp and the cpu also controls the fans 

btw he is running revers flow if I remember correctly 

Edited by lotus-62

On 4/17/2017 at 15:48, woldern said:

Hi,

Have been sitting and reading thread after thread about leaking water pumps, removal, assembly...

I hade mine reworked three years ago, but last summer it failed  again resulting in overheated engine.

So to the question...have anyone rebuild to use an electric pump? How would you do this? I'm planning to do this on my S3 non-turbo. But would be nice with some advice on where to place,  how to modify the old one, etc.

Woldern 

It has been done with a great success using Davies Craig Alloy Electric Water Pump EWP 115 or 150 with a Digital Controller (eBay).

Details are buried somewhere in this lengthy thread, see post #119  http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/how-lose-600-lbs-270466/

Edited by MrDangerUS