free hit
counters
General Election - 8 June 2017 - Page 14 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bazza 907

General Election - 8 June 2017

To be honest whoever gets in will back track on all sorts of things.  as long as we get out of the EU i don't care who is messing my life up. It's my kids i worry about and there children. I will be voting tomorrow only for a party and not its leader. 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, pete said:

As a matter of interest where are the rest of Corbyns cabinet and who are they

I thought I heard they were all on indefinite leave!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

So, after spending most of the past 36 hours in meetings or travelling the conclusion I have come to is: 

Vote Jezza

Vote Maybot

Vote Evil Ginger Dwarf

Vote him

Or her

Or the other one

Or don't vote at all

I don't care. I'm sick of the whole thing to be honest. May is awful but Corbyn is an abomination who would bring ruin to this country and I don't even know who the rest of then are.

Not much choice in the matter when it comes down to things ultimately. Roll on Friday. I am looking forward to my Facebook feed being kids and cars again, rather than endless amounts of bullshit on all sides from blinkered people who should know better. 

Edited by Gashead1105

1 minute ago, Gashead1105 said:

So, after spending most of the past 36 hours in meetings or travelling the conclusion I have come to is: 

Vote Jezza

Vote Maybot

Vote Evil Ginger Dwarf

Vote him

Or her

Or the other one

Or don't vote at all

I'm sick of the whole thing to be honest. May is awful but Corbyn is an abomination who would bring ruin to this country and I don't even know who the rest of then are.

Not much choice in the matter when it comes down to things ultimately. Roll on Friday. I am looking forward to my Facebook feed being kids and cars again, rather than endless amounts of bullshit on all sides from blinkered people who should know better. 

Good job there are manifestos and policies that you can vote for then ;)

• Like 1

Or not vote at all. 

If it were anyone but the communists as hm opposition, I wouldn't care one way or the other. As it is I've got to do my bit.

Edited by Gashead1105

Talking of campaigning, has anyone looked at a billboard in someone's front garden and decided to vote for the people who stuck them there? I honestly can't see the point, waste of effort and money. 

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

hahaha I see stuff in peoples garden with different options to my own and just think "Ha suckers!"

Lol Honestly went out with a couple of my long term mates. I mean Ive been friends with these guys since we were maybe 4? Anyhoo the Brexit has all but ruined the relations between me and the chap who was my best man due to our differing views. Very sad really. 

So we go out for a pint and Im careful about what I say and the 3rd mate who is a clever guy says so "who should I vote for? I just dont know?"

Really! No opinion! I gave the advice choose the colour you like best...or maybe look to your local person and see what they are saying..trouble is our local tory is Chloe Smith...my other mate (labour supporter) had tried chatting to her on a train. He thought she was being guarded until he realised as a career politician she was just plain dull as shes never done anything she would regret. Shame

Oh well news black out till 10.00pm tomorrow!

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

"May the best woman win"

Angela Merkel appreciates your support mate, she`ll get an easy ride.  

• Like 1

Actually, Merkel's under a bit of pressure as well these days, although I suspect she'll pull through.

Wait, do I detect a similarity there?

Margate Exotics.

12 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Ive been friends with these guys since we were maybe 4? Anyhoo the Brexit has all but ruined the relations between me and the chap who was my best man due to our differing views. Very sad really. 

I have very strong political views and enjoy politics in general so I tend to bombard my facebook status with opinionated political drivel almost daily, much to the annoyance of my friends, very few of whom agree with me.

I would never risk losing a friend over something so trivial as a political opinion though, and when friends do engage me (which I love), I'm very careful how I word my responses so I avoid any language which dismisses their views or suggests in any way I'm right and they're wrong. That tends to wind people up and does lead to more vitriolic arguments...... I never go out with the intention to change anyone's mind, just listen to their opinion and voice mine.

Then we cuddle, I offer a reach around which they usually respectfully decline.

• Like 2

These days I am Right. I know I'm Right and take comfort that the Right is right.

I used to be left but couldn't afford it and knew it wasn't right. But then I saw the light and went Right. Right now it was the right choice to go to the Right. I know I'm Right! Everyone Left is wrong as they are not Right. They have not seen the light.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Hmm exit polls - I wonder.....

if they's correct a whole load of shites on its way

bottle of Malibu in the freezer - it's gonna be a long night

Only here once

SNP down 22. If that's split Labour and Con then Scotland could swing it for May!

Tory campaign has been a f&cking disgrace - I bleed blue when cut - but even I was struggling not to put a cross in the labour box. 

However - I knew all the major parties candidates - and the dirt and fingers in pies they have. The Tory candidate even though he's been caught fiddling expenses was without question the least bent. Tory vote done. 

The labour candidate himself tried to con me DIRECTLY last year out of over £10k with a weasel contract on a planning proposal..........

• Like 1

Only here once

Mays judgement has definitely been dented. FFS, why they went down the social care route was beyond me. Yet again the petty party politics inside the Tory Party itself have dealt a severe blow. It's about time the Tory MPs actually woke the fook up and stopped torepedoing its own leadership. Every bloody time. The Kenneth Clarkes and his cronies need to be put out to stud.

Fair play to Corbyn. He did well. Labour actually got fully behind him. The Tories can learn from that. But they won't!

• Like 1

So the guy who says "We'll give you everything you want" does incredibly well. Shocker. Hats off to Labour for a brilliant campaign. :clap:

May out by lunchtime?

Isn't democracy a truly wonderful thing. :)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazza 907 said:

May out by lunchtime?

And the rest of us out by teatime

• Like 1

Dave.

Wow no one expected that result!

But to be fair Sri Lanka's batting was incredible.

• Like 2

Black n gold

21 hours ago, ian29gte said:

Actually, Merkel's under a bit of pressure as well these days, although I suspect she'll pull through.

Wait, do I detect a similarity there?

Actually not, latest polls show she is as popular as she was before the refugee crisis, which is near altime high.

Quite unfortunate actually, I'd rather see Martin Schulz lead a large coalition.

BTW: anybody selling an Esprit S1? With the pound now becoming penny stock I could probably afford one.

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Switched from Blue to Red for the first time in my life yesterday (since 1980s). Felt strange, Awful and arrogant campaign by May. Amazing that the Conservatives managed to wipe out their massive poll lead in such a short space of time. I hope they lost some of their nasty, sniping career back-benchers during the night.

When you add on the majority of the 2015 UKIP inherited vote to the Conservative numbers, the share of vote looks even more wretched.

How can she cling on now after that performance? Brussels will be laughing all the way to the Bank...

• Like 1