free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Cup 380 - Page 33 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Exige Cup 380

Anyway, as I will still hold on to my beloved 380 Cup, I'm considering having closer ratios installed by KT. Does anybody know exactly what the actual gear ratios are on the 380 Cup ??? I hesitate between close and ultra-close ratios..... given the top speed of the car, I believe ultra-close would be ok.....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Follow up on mine.... still doing ok and a fantastic car.....

Here's the 1st 380 Cup registered in Switzerland. And apparently the 2nd one manufactured........ so far I LOVE IT.....much improvement over the 360 Cup IMHO....

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Look how cool your 260 Cup still looks in your avatar, I'd still love one of those!

Also some comfort I hope for 380 Cup owners, that the 360 Cup values held up really well even after the 380 Cup was announced. Still quite a premium for those over the original V6 Cup. I'm sure the same will be true of the Cup 380. None of these cars are available in large numbers because everyone bought Porsches instead!

This in Spades

Ignoring the additional parts fitted to my 360 due to upgrades. 

I'm pretty sure I haven't lost s single penny in 18 months of ownership.

( Not that it matters as I bought the car to enjoy, not as an investment)

• Like 1
On 11/9/2017 at 19:11, BAS said:

380 cup was £83k

430 cup is £99.7k

So yeah almost 17k difference. But then again the 430 cup has the titanium exhaust as standard (£5.5k option).

So if u are a 380 cup owner who specced the titanium exhaust, it's almost 12k difference.

I didn't spec the titanium exhaust, so I don't feel bad as it was Gona be a 17k difference to what I paid! 

17K is a big difference though, thats the price of a second car, a daily driver...

5 hours ago, The Pits said:

Look how cool your 260 Cup still looks in your avatar, I'd still love one of those!

I really like basically all of the cup models a lot but on most of the models I find a few things I do not like even If all the car is awesome

On the first v6 cup and 360 I do not really like the rear wing for example, the 380 cup is still the one I prefer esthetically but I do not like the worst than before rev limiter at 6700 rpm and the less good throttle response, on the 430 cup I do not like that they removed the side skirts and like less the seat materials... But they are all very beautiful cars and most of the lotus are also really beautiful in most of their colours...

I would have still choosed the gunmetel grey of my cup 380, but I really love that military grey cup 380 it looks really special but look at all the latest pictures of kawasaki green, signature orange, black, and red, grey, white, green, yellow and black...

5 hours ago, Swiss380Cup said:

Anyway, as I will still hold on to my beloved 380 Cup, I'm considering having closer ratios installed by KT. Does anybody know exactly what the actual gear ratios are on the 380 Cup ??? I hesitate between close and ultra-close ratios..... given the top speed of the car, I believe ultra-close would be ok.....

What I did not understand really is if the 430 cup is fitted with a shorter ratio gearbox than the 380 or not?

I really dont like too long gearing and on my older cup 260 I would have wanted to fit a closer ratio final drive

I was also considering the shorter final drive from komotec but after driving the car even on a small track I wonder if it would make me even be slower.

The exige 380 have a good low rpm torque and especially with the rev limiter at 6700 cant rev high at all.

The gearbox is okay on track but still it s a toyota manual and it s still not that free to change gear as fast as I would like so if you would need to change gear a little more often it might be slower I don t know...

Maybe after a remap that let you rev to 7000 it would be different...

I still like the idea of the komotec shorter gearing but imagine that my car was at the dealer to remove the gearbox and fit the quaife diff and I did not even want to fit the shorter final at the same time....

I'm going on the record to say that the Cup 380 is slightly better looking to my eyes than the Cup 430. There, I said it.

Best looking Exige of all time? Tough competition from the S1 Exige and S2 Cup 260 but yes I think there's a strong case for it. 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Maxi_z said:

The exige 380 have a good low rpm torque and especially with the rev limiter at 6700 cant rev high at all.

Maybe after a remap that let you rev to 7000 it would be different...

Heard a rumor (somewhat reliable source) that the lower rpm limit on the 380 (standard Harrop supercharger with smaller pulley) was due to possible early serpentine belt wear/breakage, due in part to hysteresis/vibration at or near the 7200 rev limiter……?????

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

I will have an LSD and close ratio installed at KT during the week of Nov 21, but so far I didn't find out what're the actual gear ratios of the 380 Cup......According to KT the 5th gear is far too long and the gearing for speed well above 300 kph, which is unnecessary, the KT ultra close ratio would bring you up to around 275 kph which is well enough on any track....even with a good amount of torque it's a better acceleration result with shorter gear ratios, I always had those installed on my cars.. BUT STILL IF anybody can find out what's the current 380 Cup gear ratio is it would help, I'm not sure it's the same as on the 350, 380, etc. ????? Even my dealer couldn't find out

Edited by Swiss380Cup
1 hour ago, The Pits said:

I'm going on the record to say that the Cup 380 is slightly better looking to my eyes than the Cup 430. There, I said it.

Best looking Exige of all time? Tough competition from the S1 Exige and S2 Cup 260 but yes I think there's a strong case for it. 

Your forgot the Exige LF1:secret:

2 hours ago, Jack said:

Heard a rumor (somewhat reliable source) that the lower rpm limit on the 380 (standard Harrop supercharger with smaller pulley) was due to possible early serpentine belt wear/breakage, due in part to hysteresis/vibration at or near the 7200 rev limiter……?????

Maybe you know if the 380 pulley is the same or smaller than the cup r?

They are supposed to be officially quiet near in power and torque but the cup r rev to 7200 rpm

I know of course about the xtrac but let s forget the gearbox for the moment

5 hours ago, The Pits said:

Pits we 100% AGREE with each other on that one ;)

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

19 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Pits we 100% AGREE with each other on that one

Count me in with that thinking too......the front air intake spoiler/bumper on the Cup 430 now looks like the Elise and I didn’t like the change to that either:angry: Although there are some positives too......the black rear wheel arch spat decals are coolB-)

5 hours ago, Maxi_z said:

Maybe you know if the 380 pulley is the same or smaller than the cup r?

They are supposed to be officially quiet near in power and torque but the cup r rev to 7200 rpm

I know of course about the xtrac but let s forget the gearbox for the moment

380 pulley is smaller hence S/C produces more boost (and heat/IATs). ;)

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Anyone with an exige cup 380 fitted with both the standard seatbelts and the schroth harness could take a picture of the lower mounting points to the seats to see what bolts and spacers are used?

Thanks

I took the exige cup 380 on the dyno

338 bhp at 6237 rpm max power and 421 nm torque at 4545 rpm

299 whp

I knwo that they are quoted at only 6200 rpm on my dyno sheet but they went near the limiter without better power or at least that s what they say

BTW I think that it s not at all near the 380 bhp and the power curve would continue going up if there was not a rev limiter at 6700 rpm

on the graphic the curve of torque is lower between 2200 and 300 rpm

35 minutes ago, Maxi_z said:

I took the exige cup 380 on the dyno

338 bhp at 6237 rpm max power and 421 nm torque at 4545 rpm

299 whp

I knwo that they are quoted at only 6200 rpm on my dyno sheet but they went near the limiter without better power or at least that s what they say

BTW I think that it s not at all near the 380 bhp and the power curve would continue going up if there was not a rev limiter at 6700 rpm

on the graphic the curve of torque is lower between 2200 and 300 rpm

That would be very low ... was it a proper 4 wheel dyno? Any idea what your time is 100-200 kph 3rd to 4th gear?

It seems that the ones that went on s dyno all read low.

I heard about o e at 308 bhp in France and someone on the forum did not get the expected power.

I don t know about the acceleration times but the car feels good as you have good torque and good exhaust sound but it s probably not faster than an old v6 cup with 350 bhp at all

P_20171114_173156.jpg

P_20171114_194124_1.jpg

There was a long dyno debate in the past here ... anyway: I had my V6 CR on the dyno before I did the EX460 and it was pretty much spot on ... dont out of the top of my head exactly remember what the 100-200 time was before (I think around 11s) but now its just sub 8 sec ...