free hit
counters
AP Racing Caliper Mounting Brackets - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

AP Racing Caliper Mounting Brackets

Guest modifiedv8engines

Hi All

Having recently aquired a pair of AP Racing radial mount calipers ( Sport 350 type in Blue CP5200) that need work, I assumed a braking system upgrade would be possible to replace the Brembro fronts on my V8. However .........appears I need some brackets - pair of CP2494-1110

Anybody have  a pair or failing that, images, dims or an engineering drawing ? 

Had a quick search for info on here and seems a few have carried out the conversion but some time ago

Any suggestions or help much appriciated

Cheers

Paul

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have the sketches you are looking for. Also from memory, you can buy a solid billet alloy blank from Hi-Spec which has the same caliper bolt spacings.

If you pm me with your email address and I'll send something across.

Regards,

David Walters

Guest modifiedv8engines

Many Thanks for your responses chaps and thanks for the "sketches" Dave. Thanks for the pointer with the brackets as it a lot of work to get these made and if I can source from Hi Spec, its a big head start.

Quick tip here .......if anyone decides to recon their AP calipers firstly the link pipes are loctited in place (difficult to remove) and second wouldnt recommend using any citrus based cleaning products to clean the pistons as it eats into the hard anodiziing and results in a less than smooth surface finish. Expensive mistake !

Cheers

Paul

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Gold FFM
On 24/05/2017 at 22:49, Jacques said:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the heads up. How do you recondition the blue colour?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Bumping this, I am interested in how you colour matched the original blue or maybe you changed the colour. I will be getting mine refreshed soon and I am very keen to make them as close to the original as possible, it's quite an unusual shade and finish.

cheers

-Chris