Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
alias23 aka Kung Fu Panda - Modified Exige V6 - Page 3 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

alias23 aka Kung Fu Panda - Modified Exige V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 24/06/2017 at 21:23, DJW said:

Agree, although just concerned supercharger whine becomes OTT.  Chose a N/A Ariel Atom over a SC one, as the latter was all SC noise ; sounded like a fast milk float ;) 

@550superfast Gary from your videos the SC whine seems quite intrusive.  Is it like that in reality or has the location of cam exaggerated it ?

I don't find the supercharger whine intrusive, it only is there under hard acceleration and higher rpm. It is much deeper than the old S2 charger whine. The camera is mounted back between the seats on the glass.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Service time and all oils to be changed. Its also close to 2,500 miles on the HKS filter on the motorsport induction kit so thought i'd also get the filter changed. As per my earlier review/post, I do strongly recommend changing the filter every 2,500-3,000 miles. Below you can see the old and new as a comparison. The external layer does get dirty but the inside was quite clean - Either way new one now installed for piece of mind.

FILTER.jpg.b365776e956a20f58759f04280821b4f.jpg

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

On 26/06/2017 at 15:16, 550superfast said:

I don't find the supercharger whine intrusive, it only is there under hard acceleration and higher rpm. It is much deeper than the old S2 charger whine. The camera is mounted back between the seats on the glass.

Mine now has the TVS charger fitted

SC whine is hardly noticeable. Yes a bit when really pushing on ( high revs)

There is also a tiny bit of induction noise at wide open throttle but again very slight.

These two noise have actually given the car/ engine some character.

No regrets at all.......

• Thanks 1

On 18/06/2017 at 16:59, alias23 said:

Time spent on track has been my best investment, last year I do believe my driving standards vastly improved, maybe too much as my confidence got the better of me in the end! I was doing circa 2-3 track days a month.

Nothing beats track time. 2-3 days a month, that's an awful lot of free time to dedicate to motorsport. #JustSaying

• Like 1

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

13 hours ago, LF1 said:

Nothing beats track time. 2-3 days a month, that's an awful lot of free time to dedicate to motorsport. #JustSaying

Unfortunately this year not so great circa one a month... I was talking to folks today about Lotus Trophy lol

Ill get round to racing eventually Tom

www.alias23.com

• 3 weeks later...

We recently asked Lotus about all the external carbon bits from the 380cup for the 350 and the price was..... £16k excluding fitting!  So think it will be the Eltech wing for me.

How much did the wing cost Imran ....wing envy here ;) 

Found pricing from 2015 on their FB page.  Also note they say 1600mm wing is plug and play, but extra 100kg down force on the rear hatch vs 1400 :o .  Surely 350kg is too much ?

Saying that the 1400 is quoted at 250kgs downforce .  Have you noticed increased drag ?

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

14 hours ago, alias23 said:

Reverie – I had seen pictures of the Reverie wings and knowing the quality of their carbon work this option was high on my radar. They also had hatch and clam mount options, but then I saw their wing mounts in person and was very disappointed given the near £1.8K Reverie wanted! The wing mounts are cast and fugly.

You know this has been sorted now... I'll find a photo of the new one.

Dave

2 hours ago, W31SSN said:

We recently asked Lotus about all the external carbon bits from the 380cup for the 350 and the price was..... £16k excluding fitting!  So think it will be the Eltech wing for me.

Im afraid theres no point speaking to Lotus parts unless you want to be legally robbed

2 hours ago, DJW said:

How much did the wing cost Imran ....wing envy here ;) 

Found pricing from 2015 on their FB page.  Also note they say 1600mm wing is plug and play, but extra 100kg down force on the rear hatch vs 1400 :o .  Surely 350kg is too much ?

Saying that the 1400 is quoted at 250kgs downforce .  Have you noticed increased drag ?

You're looking in the range of £1100-1300 which is still substantially lower than others on the market. I went with the 1400mm version as the 1600mm version I believe wouldn't be good for the rear hatch. 

For sure you can feel the downforce on long fast corners. Drag no idea I would say there will be drag but to what extent I dont know im afraid.

www.alias23.com

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, NW76 said:

I need this seat :thumbsup: ... very high now on my list ... are you going to a 6 point harness now btw?

Haha already moved to 6 point harnesses... will cover in next post B-)

www.alias23.com

You are always a step ahead :thumbsup:

Just checked pricing ... can not trust my eyes... I can buy four B6 for one B7?!? Seriously? ... that out of a sudden makes the B6 look like a good deal for me ;-)  

3 minutes ago, NW76 said:

You are always a step ahead :thumbsup:

Just checked pricing ... can not trust my eyes... I can buy four B6 for one B7?!? Seriously? ... that out of a sudden makes the B6 look like a good deal for me ;-)  

Budd how can you say that running the KT460!!! :P

Yeah the B7 is crazy numbers, you only need a B6!

Oh and 6-Point harnesses their epic!

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Well, that is hand down the most informative post I've read on seat choice for the Exige.  So thanks for taking the time to write it Imran.

I'm thinking about changing mine as I don't find the 380 seats very supportive or comfortable.  For me, they lack lumbar support, aren't deep enough and are too upright around the shoulder blades.  How have you found the lumbar support and backrest angle of the B7 or indeed the B5?  I'm more likely to go for the latter as I don't go on track often and I'm not convinced I want to go the harness route. 

8 hours ago, mickv said:

Well, that is hand down the most informative post I've read on seat choice for the Exige.  So thanks for taking the time to write it Imran.

I'm thinking about changing mine as I don't find the 380 seats very supportive or comfortable.  For me, they lack lumbar support, aren't deep enough and are too upright around the shoulder blades.  How have you found the lumbar support and backrest angle of the B7 or indeed the B5?  I'm more likely to go for the latter as I don't go on track often and I'm not convinced I want to go the harness route. 

You can adjust the pitch of the tillett based on the mounting points you use on the side mount EBF1 brackets. 

Im running flat, as in the front and rear mountings are level. This gives a slight lean back angle to the seat. 

I did try a more upright angle by lowering one bolt hole down at the front. However I returned back to level for a few reasons which I'll note in part 2.

What I can say for sure is that the seat feels as though it literally wraps itself around your whole back! The support for your mid back and shoulders is unreal it just HUGS you like a big bear. 

After speaking with @GFWilliams it would appear the B5 has a very similar rear back shape to the B6. So I believe the B5 does have a very positive improvement to supporting the driver above and beyond the standard lotus seat.

My view...

B5 for road, retains sliders, retains seat belts.

B6 for track, not easy for getting in and out, arguably needs quick release steering wheel, forget using OEM seat belts you will need harnesses and I believe 6-Points a must!

• Thanks 1

www.alias23.com