Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
alias23 aka Kung Fu Panda - Modified Exige V6 - Page 30 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

alias23 aka Kung Fu Panda - Modified Exige V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...

So @alias23 - when will be the big reveal? We're all keen to see what you have moved on to.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

So @alias23 - when will be the big reveal? We're all keen to see what you have moved on to.

The cat has long been out of the bag..... 

161858650_10157539592326933_8195501037723637283_n.jpg.9fbeeea52466f6ed7a370d5470843c4c.jpg

• Like 2

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

3 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

It's already been revealed?

PandaMcL :D

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Lol. I never was the sharpest tool in the bag!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

😍

Do you plan to use it a lot on track ? Is the running cost comparable to a Porsche GT3 on track ? Does it have known issues under hard usage ?

1 hour ago, fjc27 said:

😍

Do you plan to use it a lot on track ? Is the running cost comparable to a Porsche GT3 on track ? Does it have known issues under hard usage ?

More expensive particularly the brakes which can cause a heavy cost if the rotors go

Nah, it's the £3 per cup of coffee at the track cafe's that'll break his bank for sure.

Love that 600LT.  Great choice and wish you lots of happy times in it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MrD said:

Best macca of the range, only downside is the soundtrack but the car is truly amazing - very well done!

I was worried about the soundtrack of the exhaust as many said it was quite muted... however I've been quite impressed, maybe its the noise/vibrations that enhance the 'feel', for sure the exhaust is not a complaint for me.... albeit I can see a better design to remove valves from the cat back ;)

www.alias23.com

2 hours ago, fjc27 said:

YES - I will be using for track although due to new job and other priorities I won't be doing the same volume of track days as I did in the Lotus. The big costs are tyres and as @Tex has commented brakes.

Theres very little I can do ref tyres, tyre costs will be a lot higher than the Lotus, although slightly cheaper than the Porsche variant. 

The BIG cost is the brakes with pads costing around £1,300 and discs around £12K. This is a problem, and one in which I feel is stopping more 600LT owners getting on track. So I've already started plans to create a ceramic to iron rotor conversion which should provide owners a wider choice of disc/pad options (vs locked in) and lower cost of ownership.

I've literally just ordered all the parts I've sized for the conversion and hope to realise a solution in the next 8-12 weeks :)

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

👍

Indeed, it seems to be urgent to build or find iron rotors... A lot cheaper, at least in the USA : https://soulpp.com/product/mclaren-600lt-720s-girodisc-iron-rotor-conversion/

it looks like the 540C is a "bargain" now to enter the McLaren world. Not as fast and exclusive as a 600LT, but it must be fantastic with more reasonable running costs (and even more for the ones ready to remap the engine). It must be tempting if you live in Great Britain and have a similar budget to the Lotus Exige 410/430 ones.

11 hours ago, fjc27 said:

👍

Indeed, it seems to be urgent to build or find iron rotors... A lot cheaper, at least in the USA : https://soulpp.com/product/mclaren-600lt-720s-girodisc-iron-rotor-conversion/

Girodisc are great if you live in the US but when you try and bring to the U.K. shipping (esp due to the weight) and customs kill the cost benefit for us folks in U.K. and Europe :(

Im also not too keen on the Girodisc lock in whereby you only have them as the source of discs/parts going forward.

www.alias23.com

• 2 years later...