free hit
counters
alias23 aka Kung Fu Panda - Modified Exige V6 - Page 14 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
alias23

alias23 aka Kung Fu Panda - Modified Exige V6

Really interesting update Imran, lots of things there that I'll be doing at some stage, so your very precise details on installation and understanding your very considered reasons for choosing each change to the car is very useful.

The car is looking better by the day, it's making me want a bloody wing...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Great ! Looking forward to know your geo setup with Dan, not many have been done on the v6, so apparently it is a bit tough to have something good without a proper drive after .. 

18 hours ago, chumaxa said:

Great ! Looking forward to know your geo setup with Dan, not many have been done on the v6, so apparently it is a bit tough to have something good without a proper drive after .. 

Most folks have changed to the 350 GEO but this doesn't give enough camber on the front... so the front uprights have had a little work to improve the situation ;)

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Most folks have changed to the 350 GEO but this doesn't give enough camber on the front... so the front uprights have had a little work to improve the situation ;)

Well I meant ride height, and so on :) 

A new delivery expected to arrive tomorrow and will near enough complete the winter diet! The body part weighs 1988g!

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

A new delivery expected to arrive tomorrow and will near enough complete the winter diet! The body part weighs 1988g!

+1, but mine is 1987g :P

1 minute ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Oh damaged then????

Bit of sand paper will help me save an extra gram 😆

I’m not sure that I am really qualified to comment on all the technical  and mechanical additions that are being made to a number of V6s on the forum. Only got a CSE grade 2 in science.

But I must say fettled and modified V6s do look visually more attractive than the 350’s and 380’s. As I have both a V6s and a 380 currently, the V6 just looks more finished off. No doubt the 380 is quicker, handles better etc but just not so special imo. Not enough paint and too much black plastic.

Must confess would have liked to have hit the 6,800 RPM limit under Hangar in the 380  on both Sunday and Monday but alas the fickle British weather put paid to that.

Will try Silverstone again next week !!!!

• Like 2

On 20/03/2018 at 22:45, Tex said:

I’m not sure that I am really qualified to comment on all the technical  and mechanical additions that are being made to a number of V6s on the forum. Only got a CSE grade 2 in science.

But I must say fettled and modified V6s do look visually more attractive than the 350’s and 380’s. As I have both a V6s and a 380 currently, the V6 just looks more finished off. No doubt the 380 is quicker, handles better etc but just not so special imo. Not enough paint and too much black plastic.

Must confess would have liked to have hit the 6,800 RPM limit under Hangar in the 380  on both Sunday and Monday but alas the fickle British weather put paid to that.

Will try Silverstone again next week !!!!

Are you at Silverstone on Monday? If so, come and say hi I’ll be in the silver V6s.

Not sure what is on Monday ?

im there on Thursday though if snow holds off !!!

Gotta love those Öhlins. :wub:
The Öhlins factory is actually 15km from where I live. :)

Relentless!

Imran, this is very quickly turning into my favourite V6 Exige. Amazing work over the winter. Hope it goes well on Wednesday. 

• Thanks 1

@alias23--Imran, great job....love your attention to detail.

A few questions:  

1) what ride height were you set at when the 65mm photo was taken?

2) what is ride height now that you believe is too high?

2)  what was the source for the LMS shock settings?  If LMS refers to Lotus Motorsport, then I'm confused??? ;)

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

So driven up to Donington ahead of tomorrow’s track day which is looking to forecast the worst weather! 

The car seemed to have steering wheel shake at high speeds so got the wheels rebalanced en route and seems to have calmed the shake but won’t know for definite until tomorrow down Starkey Straight.

What I can report is that the Ohlins after about 180 miles on the road are quite firm.

With the nitron 1-way I found rebound was either too bouncy from being too soft or crashy from being too hard. I couldn’t get a good balance for the road and track - Arguably this is a slight impossibility to achieve as always going to have a compromise as road vs track are completely different environments.

However, I do feel the Ohlins are more compliant overall, but for the road I do believe could be tweaked further for comfort. 

I’m not touching any settings though as want to test this setup on track.

Pray for dry weather tomorrow for me please folks it is my birthday after all lol

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

All the best dude...

Have a quick one, if you get my "drift" (:)

cheers

I share your sentiments regarding Ohlins road comfort, and my spring rates are harder still, but ultimately I never put in the effort to get under the car to tweak for the road.

Good luck for today, we've not had the best run of trackday weather recently!

Happy birthday Imran, hope you have a good (and dry) day. 

Agree Arun, weather has been awful hasn’t it, Roll on spring/summer......

Imran: I am jealous ... my better half has no interest in motorsports and maybe has joined me in the Exige once or twice max ... never would she go on track with me ...