free hit
counters
alias23 aka Kung Fu Panda - Modified Exige V6 - Page 17 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
alias23

alias23 aka Kung Fu Panda - Modified Exige V6

At 6am in the morning the roads where silent and very little (to which I saw) speed traps in action. To be honest its one of the reasons I just didn't bother with the EVO triangle, plenty of other awesome roads which are a little more off the typical track. That said at 1pm we definitely started to see the vans come out and about especially on the long very straight roads.

www.alias23.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Interesting update and great pics. I did Anglesey and the N Wales roads including the Llanberis Pass in October 2016 and it was an epic trip in the company of some like-minded drivers (Exige S2, 2 x BMW M3, Nissan GTR, Suzuki Swift).  We did the international in the morning and the coastal in the afternoon (my profile pics are from the Anglesey day).

Our group is off to Pembrey in September this year  for a track day and a road day thrown in - can't wait!

Great pics, ever been stopped for having no front no plates?

I’ve not had a problem but expect I will one day ... to which I accept will mean a fine.

www.alias23.com

22 hours ago, alias23 said:

Found you @C1RVY haha

Good find mate 😎

Enjoyed your write up too - made a good read, and you’re correct about the big rear wing. Only issue now is whether to go the whole way & get one with a 380 Cup attached to it 😜

• Like 1

Time for the HKS CupR induction kit to get a replacement filter. I try and do this about twice a year to be on the safe side and you’ll see why in the following pics!

18383FCF-CD1C-42CF-8B1C-E70D54BDEEFB.thumb.jpeg.98d242f563e69f027f6258d148fe8882.jpeg

As you can see the filter gets dirty very quickly! Left is about 4-6 months old, right is new filter out of the box!

It shouldn’t be a surprise as the induction is positioned right at the opening of the side pod for maximum induction. Regular replacement should ensure happy motoring. 

0F86B2CB-C629-4D99-A2DC-89AFCEFB4031.thumb.jpeg.5147ce53ae63a9e8f715d8f73bb7de81.jpeg

As you can see even though the outer is dirty the internal is still very clean. However if you don’t replace frequently that internal gets as dirty and then bad stuff can happen! 

The cage that holds the filter in place had gotten a little tired so I decided to give it a once over with some high heat matte paint I had spare.

77B0EB76-59CB-48A0-8AD5-6B1E38ECD4E5.thumb.jpeg.7d6519902c1380b712e35448b8dff868.jpeg

A quick tip for anyone with a CupR induction or even the SSC one, when you try and replace the filter ensure you don’t push the filter in from flat! If you do you’ll tear the filter element!

Here is the recommended way from HKS

4686C72B-E482-40A2-B274-CA647B197FB5.thumb.jpeg.942b2f01ee50b1394e8a68c2eb6a8d88.jpeg

71546ED1-9B5C-403D-B4EE-36F4D2463BC1.thumb.jpeg.b81579b3cf9573643340add8c1151bfe.jpeg

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

I saw this pic earlier and thought why is his cage black and not rusty like mine. Looks like I will have to get the hammerite out now.

I always find it sensible to store scales in the house, rather than the car .  Good call

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Holy hell, what a read! Enjoyed every bit of the 17 pages! Your attention to detail is epic and you have definitely inspired me to refresh my rather tired-looking V6 CR now 😀.

• Thanks 1

are you planning on making a stylized cover for it or leave it for that "because racecar" feel 

@Jack thank you as always! Looks like I need to move to the ITG setup.

Are you using the STAB122 or the STAB99LD? Or some other version? I’ll get one ordered once you confirm ;)

www.alias23.com

2 hours ago, alias23 said:

@Jack thank you as always! Looks like I need to move to the ITG setup.

Are you using the STAB122 or the STAB99LD? Or some other version? I’ll get one ordered once you confirm ;)

Imran, don't know whether I've got the STAB122, STAB99LD or STAB99 ---I'll have to take some measurements to figure that out.  Pretty sure the outlet diameter is either 70 or 73mm and inlet is definitely 99mm, but  still need to get body width and length.  

I purchased mine from BOE, so I didn't deal with model numbers  ..... https://www.boefab.com/collections/elise-exige/products/itg-cold-air-box-rev300-400-itg-cab

Here's a photo of my foam filter element .... I have an extra so I can just swap them out quickly.  Then I can take my time to clean and re-oil the one removed at my leisure  and have it ready for the next  filter change.;)

my ITG.JPG

• Thanks 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Thanks @Jack and @W31SSN very much appreciated! After a few calls seems as though Forge Motorsport have offered to supply me a solution with one of their PiperCross boxed setups (looks near identical to the ITG) so may investigate this as an option. Anyone got any intel on ITG vs Pipercross as some what naively assuming they're all pretty much the same filter/design. 

www.alias23.com

Always love your analysis and attention to detail.

Long ago (like 2010), we went with APR mirrors for the 2-Eleven....they have held up well. 

cockpit.jpg

• Thanks 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion