free hit
counters
alias23 aka Kung Fu Panda - Modified Exige V6 - Page 7 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
alias23

alias23 aka Kung Fu Panda - Modified Exige V6

Recommended Posts

Imran, great stuff!!! Love it!! Looks very professional! 

Where did you get the motorsport blanking plate I might order one as well as sooner or later my radio will go ... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, NW76 said:

Imran, great stuff!!! Love it!! Looks very professional! 

Where did you get the motorsport blanking plate I might order one as well as sooner or later my radio will go ... ?

I think Junks has one or two left so give him a shout on [email protected] 

Roughly £30 which isn’t too bad vs Lotus rrp of £94! Just tell Junks it’s the same one he sent to me the other week.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happiness is finally realising that near impossible to reach bolt after two evenings of trying!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little something something arrived this morning! A big thank you to @Seriouslylotus as always top notch service and guidance as I researched lithium battery options for Magpie. I'll run a proper post in the next few weeks but I can simply not believe the weight difference - unreal!

Braille.jpg.ce638b8bc693fd008385d84d77f93173.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, alias23 said:

A little something something arrived this morning! A big thank you to @Seriouslylotus as always top notch service and guidance as I researched lithium battery options for Magpie. I'll run a proper post in the next few weeks but I can simply not believe the weight difference - unreal!

Braille.jpg.ce638b8bc693fd008385d84d77f93173.jpg

With the carbon mounting to replace the standard one the total saving is 16kgs ( well it was on my 360...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

With the carbon mounting to replace the standard one the total saving is 16kgs ( well it was on my 360...)

Absolutely astonished at the weight saving... pound for pound this is the best weight saving option available for the Exige. Thank you for including the carbon mount very much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

@Seriouslylotus - do you have a link for the battery?  Couldn’t believe how heavy my battery was when I removed it recently!! 

Same as these

http://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Exige/MK3-Toyota-V6/Car-electric/Lightweight-battery-Exige-S-V6.html

I am no longer an advertiser so links from me will be no more......

I have removed the batteries from sale as they are not popular, really don't know why because as Imran says pound for pound the lightweight battery is brilliant

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea how much of a weight saving this would be on the Club Racer Battery?!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NW76 said:

Any idea how much of a weight saving this would be on the Club Racer Battery?!?!?

CR battery weighs approx 12.9 Kg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NW76 said:

Any idea how much of a weight saving this would be on the Club Racer Battery?!?!?

I need to weigh again but it wouldn’t surprise me if 10kg is shed against the CR

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool ... sounds like a good opportunity to shed some weight on the CR as well ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chumaxa said:

Is this one strong enough to live a week in the garage without being on a charger ? 

It’s one of the reasons I went Braille vs a number of the cheaper options. Braille has been tested by @Seriouslylotus for over a year and a half and has survived Dave leaving his car in the garage for two weeks at a time!

That said I have got a li charger and will also be installing a battery cut off to be on the safe side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok good to know, my concern is not really the garage, but the day I would take the car for a road trip, all of this sounds good ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chumaxa said:

Is this one strong enough to live a week in the garage without being on a charger ? 

On my 360 it lasts about 2 weeks and will usually start the car

4 hours ago, alias23 said:

It’s one of the reasons I went Braille vs a number of the cheaper options. Braille has been tested by @Seriouslylotus for over a year and a half and has survived Dave leaving his car in the garage for two weeks at a time!

That said I have got a li charger and will also be installing a battery cut off to be on the safe side.

Suppose I should really connect my factory fitted battery cut out as well......but have never bothered

7 hours ago, alias23 said:

I need to weigh again but it wouldn’t surprise me if 10kg is shed against the CR

Braille is 2.9 kgs the standard V6 battery is 17.5 kgs, the standard battery carrier is almost 1.9 kgs. On my car the savings made when changing out the carrier and battery was 16 kgs (measured)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chumaxa said:

Is this one strong enough to live a week in the garage without being on a charger ? 

I think it should. We have a Cup 380 parked at the dealer since November and still starts without issues. It's not plugged into a trickle charger either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NW76 said:

Cool ... sounds like a good opportunity to shed some weight on the CR as well ...

you didn't buy a liteblox ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, geartox said:

you didn't buy a liteblox ?

Not yet ... always thought the CR battery weighs only 6-7kg anyway and was intending to do it when the battery is done anyway ... 

Might reconsider now ... not sure ... but the liteblox is high on my list ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...