free hit
counters
alias23 aka Kung Fu Panda - Modified Exige V6 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
alias23

alias23 aka Kung Fu Panda - Modified Exige V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Great Writing, Imran :) ! always fun to read others experience ... and glad you changed your shocks :P !

• Like 1

@alias23 Great write up, many thanks for sharing (although I can´t wait to read the next part of the 380 Cup Story ;-), esp the part "personal diet versus titanium exhaust - weight saving of the day..." is getting funny... ;-)

(oh, and great so see a "classic" V6 in ist original style - in my eyes m u c h cleaner as the younger examples with all the carbon aeros - but tastes are different of course!!!) 

You removed the swirl marks?!? How can you prove it was handmade now? Foolish Imran ;)

Awesome post buddy!

@Snoopy1969: we're at least two to think so :blush: ... and if Carbon parts look rather fine, this is the matt black parts that ruin the body line, to me ! 

@alias23 : how are those canards attached ? just glued ? 

Combination of glue, then two bolts through the clam with spreader plates at the back.

Thank you Imran ... :thumbup: for taking part in your story ... congratulations ... well written ... It is not everyone who takes the time to describe your emotions for both Lotus and "personal" ...

Anyway, yours is kept very well and is ... original.

Sure that with this new set you found it much better and your guide will have benefited.

About time you did a writeup, great story!

I reckon my Cup Nitrons are with a handful of mm from your ride height after I adjustment mine lower a year ago. It will be interesting to see where that leaves me under hard braking with my latest aero addition, which I know you've had fun with.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

It will be interesting to see where that leaves me under hard braking with my latest aero addition, which I know you've had fun with.

That will be on a later post ;)

• Like 1

Great write up Imran. When shall we expect the next installment of the magpie story?

Maybe next week if I get time on my train journeys with work ;)

I was worried if my journey would be intresting so thanks guys for your kind comments.

Found some pics of the 1-Way Nitrons.
Nitrons.jpg.a4a0ad4ca95f534fe1985bb15ad77a7b.jpg

On the right i've marked up the area which was eventually shortened by Nitron as part of the revisions made to get the right ride height whilst ensuring no negative compromise on dampening length.

• Like 1

Did you have the race pack suspension originally on the car and how do the Nitrons feel in comparison?

Enjoyed your write up and looking forward to the next bit  

Steve. 

Edited by C7steve

These do look really nice. Perhaps even nicer than my Ohlins R&T (should be direct competitors) when I've unboxed them.

Thank you for the write-up and look forward to the next episode!

Edited by vd9

9 hours ago, alias23 said:

Found some pics of the 1-Way Nitrons.
Nitrons.jpg.a4a0ad4ca95f534fe1985bb15ad77a7b.jpg

On the right i've marked up the area which was eventually shortened by Nitron as part of the revisions made to get the right ride height whilst ensuring no negative compromise on dampening length.

We lengthen that bit on ours!!! And changed other parts as well. This was to enable easier assess to the adjuster.......

Nice write up @alias23. One point regarding the tow eye and the small cut out for it. If you ever have to use it the tow eye flexes and will break the grill unless you have a decent cut out (you have to remove the registration too as it will damage that). I found this out being recovered in the Alps - now understand why the motorsport grill has the finished square around it.

1 hour ago, Seriouslylotus said:

We lengthen that bit on ours!!! And changed other parts as well. This was to enable easier assess to the adjuster.......

I must admit adjustment is a major ball ache especially with the added big brake kit (future instalment to come).

1 hour ago, LF1 said:

Nice write up @alias23. One point regarding the tow eye and the small cut out for it. If you ever have to use it the tow eye flexes and will break the grill unless you have a decent cut out (you have to remove the registration too as it will damage that). I found this out being recovered in the Alps - now understand why the motorsport grill has the finished square around it.

Thanks @LF1 - You'll be named in future instalments, as you are the reason for one of my largest impulse purchases on my Lotus journey!

You raise a good point ref the flex of the tow eye. Thanks for adding it to the thread.

Your ride height looks much lower after the Nitron install - what heights are you running front and rear?

"What followed from this point was a very fast fall into a track day addiction. In some ways an addiction far more expensive than drugs and alcohol but we all need some form of vice in our lives…"

What a true sentence above ... 

Great writeup Imran by the way - cant wait for it to continue :thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 27/04/2017 at 10:01, 550superfast said:

Your ride height looks much lower after the Nitron install - what heights are you running front and rear?

Rough measurements with the revised spec Nitrons...

RideHeight.jpg.c0ea934dcfaf923e02d4ab38a693b50e.jpg

Out of interest, would a set of 46mm Nitrons for an S2 Exige have worked on my V6?

Reason I ask is that I sold a new set with my old motor and now wonder if they would have been usable in my new car :(