free hit
counters
Evora - cold start up - what revs at cold idle? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Nick

Evora - cold start up - what revs at cold idle?

To set the scene, I don't have an Evora. I've an MR2 with a 2GRFE fitted. My question though is related to the engine.

When you start the engine from cold, what RPM does it idle at until it warms up?

Mine is around the 2000/2500rpm mark until it gets up to temperature which is 80c (water coolant) which can take a few minutes.

Does the Evora exhibit this same behaviour? If not, what does it do?

Thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nothing like that! :o

I'll need to check now you've asked, but I don't think cold idle is much difference to from warm? I always hit the "sport" button as soon as I start up, which makes things throatier but also raises the idle speed to around 1krpm.

As above, Evora doesn't idle even close to that. If anything when stone cold (ie. Freezing) it may idle a few HUNDRED higher, but unless you're in "race" mode (on the 400) when it idles around 1,000, won't idle anywhere near 2,000.

My other half's Civic Type-R idles around 2,000 when cold, though.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

That must be the difference then, the maps, as I'm using a Toyota ECU. Thanks for the responses.

My 400 struggles on startup when ambient temp less than 7 degrees. It takes around 20 seconds to settle, often almost stalls!