free hit
counters
A journey into track days - Page 10 - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

A journey into track days

BatMobile

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Anglesey I would love to do but it’s just too far given I have two kids.

anyone bought these:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Enamel-Chrome-and-Black-LOTUS-NOSE-BADGE-Elise-Exige-7-Jim-Clark/123146147099?hash=item1cac15151b:g:XGcAAOxyXWdQ6qoI

are they the right ones for the v6? Keen to replace all 5 badges on the car.

21 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

Would that clear the caliper? I know moving to a 343mm disc  (modest increase of 11mm on diameter over standard) means you have to be more careful with balance weight position.

I wouldn't be able to run a 16" with my 343 discs for sure!

www.alias23.com

29 minutes ago, TheKevlarKid said:

Why would you want to do that? So little choice of tyre in 16, 17 by far the more popular size and tyre availability.

To try to run a wider front tyre, like a 245.

I'm not saying it is possible, just interested in opinions. Not sure if Avon ever made the ZZR 245/45/16.

1 hour ago, Arun_D said:

Would that clear the caliper? I know moving to a 343mm disc  (modest increase of 11mm on diameter over standard) means you have to be more careful with balance weight position.

Good point.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, any recommendations on tracks commutable from Guildford, Surrey. 

I have done goodwood and Silverstone.

brands is the obvious one I am missing, should I start with the Indy track given people saying lots of race cars will be on the gp circuit days?

any other circuits I should be considering - don’t want to stay away but happy to drive 2 hours to get there.

want to get a September date in to the diary. 

Rockingham is just under 2 hours from Weybridge so wouldn’t be too much longer for you.  Good track, not to everyone’s taste but it’s great for improving technical driving. It’s pretty cheap too!

• Like 2

@BatMobile If you want a taster of Brands Indy I'm going to be there for the LOT evening session on Thursday 23rd August with a few friends. The LOT site is currently showing 13 places available. Not far for you to travel and an enjoyable circuit. 

On 12/06/2018 at 08:35, Crouchy said:

I am currently running 225 MPSC2 on the front and there is some rubbing on full lock. should be fine if you change the offset slightly.

@Crouchy are these rubbing the on the clam/wheel arch or on the inside?