free hit
counters
Is it 2017? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM

I have dealt with someone who will only accept a postal order. 

It cost me £6.50 in charges even the bloke in the post office was laughing 

Any other things this out of date you have had to deal with? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys are way to modern, what's wrong with doing things the good old way?

Andy - good man! Still got mine, too... Strange that Fireball was never seen in an Esprit, it was introduced about the same time as he was active. Ian - shhhh! Don't give away my secret identity.

Once, on a mad drunken boy's Christmas in Teignmouth, I tried to pay for the Christmas dinner veggies with a £10 note. The young lady looked at me and said "Oim sorry, zur, us doan take cheques..."

Posted Images

Had to do the same thing for a business visa for India this year. No cards, no cheques, just bank draft or postal order.

Last time I used a postal order was buying something from the back of Warlord (or was it Bullet?) comic in about 1977. 40 years ago.

• Gold FFM

Laughing, the funny thing was she sent me an email to tell me. I offered Bacs or a guaranteed cheque but no postal order only, surely if you got internet you would have on line banking no? 

I am going to send her a fax to confirm! 

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Had to do the same thing for a business visa for India this year. No cards, no cheques, just bank draft or postal order.

Last time I used a postal order was buying something from the back of Warlord (or was it Bullet?) comic in about 1977. 40 years ago.

You weren't in the Fireball Club too, were you..?

Dean

Someone asked if they could send me a fax recently and I said we didn't have them where I lived, in the 21st century! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

You guys are way to modern, what's wrong with doing things the good old way?

latest?cb=20130911021215

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Well, that seems to be in line with the postal order ;)

Here in Denmark, the big companies and certain parts of the  Parliament, is trying hard to make Money obsolete. Only Card payment or a chip in your arm.

A trick of the devil. I prefer the old ways.

Kind regards

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

6 hours ago, punky said:

Oh yes!

fireball.jpg

Andy - good man! Still got mine, too... Strange that Fireball was never seen in an Esprit, it was introduced about the same time as he was active.

Ian - shhhh! Don't give away my secret identity...

Dean

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Jennifer and I were at our lawyer yesterday updating our wills.

There's a fee to pay to the Scottish Courts to have the wills registered and yes, you've guessed it, they'll only accept a cheque or a postal order. I did actually manage to locate my old cheque-book and the last time I used it was nearly 7 years ago!

Just ridiculous. Cheque books ? Postal Orders? In this day and age. :D

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Once, on a mad drunken boy's Christmas in Teignmouth, I tried to pay for the Christmas dinner veggies with a £10 note. The young lady looked at me and said "Oim sorry, zur, us doan take cheques..."

So I pointed out the bit where it says  "I promise to pay the bearer on demand..." and the fact that it was. actually, a ten pound banknote. She called the manager.

"Us doan take cheques.." he said. so we told him the wonders of  the big city and how everyone in London used £10 notes.

He was still skeptical.

So I showed him a £20 note........ In the end, a passing policeman attested to the fact that the currency was truly genuine and we went off with our few pennies worth of vegetable matter; they had never seen a £10 note, let alone a £20 one...well, the £20 had only just been issued, it being 1970 at the time.

Now to the fax machine....I still have one, collecting dust....they became popular during the post office strike back in the 1980s. I was back doing electronics then, and we managed to get a circuit diagram of a modification to a Sharps computer faxed to us, and had it working within an hour of it being first built on the bench in Japan. First time that sort of thing was possible....

Why won't the NHS use email??? Messing around with paper and stamps and snailmail....madness.

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein