free hit
counters
Evora 414 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Stuart Monument

Evora 414

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hold on did I miss something Stuart? Where did that come from? 

Brilliant Stuart, are you going to bring it to Duxford?

@Dan E didn't know if it would ever work again so kept this one quiet 

@JAWS sorry not bringing this to Duxford. Prob will go one Europa depending on the weather. Hope you've been polishing the Evora 

What a bit of history  you need to do that barbecue for charity I am there ?

You jammy sod - how have you been sneaking these cars ??? Now be a gent and post up some tech spec about it

The last photo I ever saw of that car was on here and I thought it was only a prototype and never got off the ground?

Lucky guy.

How does it go?

That is brilliant. Great to see.  Just out of 'beginners' interest, do you have to have special permissions to put it on the road or does it benefit from regular Evora homologation?   And are the parts essentially development components from the Tesla era at Lotus?

• Like 1

Wow, just wow!  Great to see it's been taken on and is being looked after.  Such a shame that Lotus never moved forward with it.  I remember having a chat to people about it at the factory and when they took it to Goodwood.

I was also interested in the Infiniti Emerg-e, which was based on the 414E, and had my name on the waiting list until it got cancelled.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/reviews/a18325/infiniti-emerg-e-concept-1/

2018-Infiniti-EMERG-%C2%ADE-Sports-Car-f

hello,

I have a curiosity about this car... if I remember well the roof was transparent, wasn't it?

Sorry for the delay in replying chaps! Life has been getting in the way.

The car goes very well indeed. Electric cars feel so different with instant torque.

I don't believe it is just repackaged left overs from the Tesla days. The car from what I understand it pretty advanced with torque vectoring etc etc. The Motor kicks in under strong load and is basically a generator for the battery, no direct drive from the motor to the wheels. The car also has regen on it. From what I have read the development budget ranges from about £15 - 19 million. This is not to get the car production ready this is tech development so it should be more advanced from the original Tesla development all those years ago.

Anyway proud to own it and thank you for the kind comments. 

An i8 cost just over 100k so could they have sold this for less? I guess not otherwise I would have really wanted it to be my next car!