free hit
counters
Brooklands meeting - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hello all, 

I've only been on the forum a week, but already it looks like a good place to be, with a decent bunch of like-minded individuals. 

As I'm actively looking for an Esprit at the moment, and was pretty disappointed at the condition of the one I went to see last week, I'm intending to make a bit of a detour next weekend and drop in at the big gathering at Brooklands to have a close look at multiple Esprits. I want to convince myself that the one I saw isn't necessarily representative of all. To that end, I'm hoping that owners of Esprits won't mind me minutely examining their cars, and obviously with their permission, having a good look at the interiors. 

So, if you find yourself being cross examined about Lotus ownership by a short middle aged man who looks vaguely like Nigel Farage, it'll probably be me. Be nice...and if anyone is thinking of selling theirs, let me know!

See you next weekend,

Dean

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Corrected for accuracy.

Hello all,  I've only been on the forum a week, but already it looks like a good place to be, with a decent bunch of like-minded individuals.  As I'm actively looking for an Esprit at the mo

Hi Dean If you're not disappointed by large numbers of Esprits, you're not looking hard enough.  Unfortunately a fair few have been abused and neglected over the years.  You'll see a fine selecti

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Hi Dean

If you're not disappointed by large numbers of Esprits, you're not looking hard enough.  Unfortunately a fair few have been abused and neglected over the years.  You'll see a fine selection of well-maintained ones at Brooklands though.  Say hello if you get the time!  I look a bit like George Clooney.

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

:thumbsup:

There will be plenty to look at, and plenty of owners will be happy to show you their cars and answer your questions I'm sure.

Keep an eye out for a young Brad Pitt and come say hello :)

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yes some scruffy cars out there but that often means they are used regularly which is no bad thing. However you will see some of the very best at Brooklands. It's a great idea to come along if you're looking to buy. Which model are you after?

Hi Dean, You've taken the first steps and this is what it's all about.  Getting out there amongst other owners and cars.  Took me a year to find the exact one I wanted.  Yes there are cheap disappointments out there.  But plenty of superb ones too.  Can't begin to tell you how good belonging to this forum is.  Many people very generous with their time and knowledge.  As time goes on and I learn more from others here I hope I can begin to put back what I have taken out!

• Like 1

Dean

I think that there is a Club Lotus meeting at Brooklands later in May or a much bigger Lotus event on 7 May at Brooklands/MBW which is the International TLF meet. The latter is where all the guys attending think they look movie stars :)

10 hours ago, The Pits said:

Yes some scruffy cars out there but that often means they are used regularly which is no bad thing. However you will see some of the very best at Brooklands. It's a great idea to come along if you're looking to buy. Which model are you after?

Looking for a Stephens or later Esprit, ideally an S4 or S4S - hence the need for patience! I've just seen an advert on carsandclassics for an H reg turbo - H64 RAH. It's one that was advertised on this forum in February, and the new owner is selling it for a couple of grand more than the previous asking price. Anybody know anything about it or it's history? It's in Oxfordshire and owned by someone called Dominic, who was briefly on the forums here.

Cheers,

Dean

• Gold FFM

hi Dean, you'll see plenty of great Esprits at Brooklands, and most of are very happy to chat about the cars. :-)

There will be a rather scruffy looking silver one there, but don't just her just by her appearance. Mechanicals are very well sorted and I've had a great time using her as a daily driver for the past 2 years. Just depends what you're looking for, budget and priorities.

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 29/04/2017 at 09:21, Sparky said:

Hi Dean

If you're not disappointed by large numbers of Esprits, you're not looking hard enough.  Unfortunately a fair few have been abused and neglected over the years.  You'll see a fine selection of well-maintained ones at Brooklands though.  Say hello if you get the time!  I look a bit like George Clooney.

Actually Sparky looks more like George out of George and Mildred!

• Like 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• Gold FFM

Guess I should be thankful it's not Mildred!

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
On 29/04/2017 at 09:14, Deanflyer said:

As I'm actively looking for an Esprit at the moment, and was pretty disappointed at the condition of the one I went to see last week, I'm intending to make a bit of a detour next weekend and drop in at the big gathering at Brooklands to have a close look at multiple Esprits. I want to convince myself that the one I saw isn't necessarily representative of all. To that end, I'm hoping that owners of Esprits won't mind me minutely examining their cars, and obviously with their permission, having a good look at the interiors. 

So, if you find yourself being cross examined about Lotus ownership by a short middle aged man who looks vaguely like Nigel Farage, it'll probably be me. Be nice...and if anyone is thinking of selling theirs, let me know

Well after a horrific last weekend and a bit of a wait to fix mine - you will be able to see a blue scruffy s4 with a solid hub and a full mot B-).

Come and say hello

• Like 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Well after a horrific last weekend and a bit of a wait to fix mine - you will be able to see a blue scruffy s4 with a solid hub and a full mot B-).

Come and say hello

Looking forward to it...after all, you're the one who pointed me in the direction of this place. Do I assume that you look like Foghorn Leghorn..?

Dean

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Guess I should be thankful it's not Mildred!

should get Kimbers to start a vote on that

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Well, I was there...and didn't see any Clooney, Pitt or Moore lookalikes, so if I didn't speak to you, that's why. I managed to link up with Barry and he kindly let me have a sit in his soon-to-be-broken-down S4 - thanks, hope it wasn't me who jinxed it!

I saw an absolutely immaculate blue S4S at the far end of the line, but it had gone by the time I went up there again, and I was in the crowd that was gathered round the back of the gorgeous black R-reg with the V8 wheels when the owner was revving it and opening up panels. Other than that, virtually no cars had their owners attached, so I couldn't say hello, sorry. Maybe next time...

Cheers,

Dean

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

I think I understand the confusion.  That was Rosemary Clooney, William Pitt and Dudley Moore.