free hit
counters
Tracing 86 Turbo hc - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bo90

Tracing 86 Turbo hc

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Having sorted insurance, withdrawn the cash from the bank and then driven to London I'm still, disappointedly, Espritless. If this was the best example available then I think I'll give the whole thing up as a bad idea. To be fair, I did advise the owner that my expectations may be a little skewed on what a 24 year old car would look like but was assured that 'this was the best example out there'.

If I'm paying top dollar for a car then am I being unreasonable to expect that it won't need a full respray and a complete interior overhaul?

Perhaps my expectations are too high?

Not at all. If you were prepared to pay that money you were dead right expecting a spot on car. Have you seen the white HC on LEW?

http://www.esprit4sa...dCarCentre.html

Alternatively check this thread out.

The White S3 Turbo (red leather) is owned by Stagowner on here and he has occasionally advertised it for similiar money. Now that's a truly exceptional car, restored with all the correct period bits such as NCT Goodyears etc. It's a long shot but drop him a PM

• Like 1

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Hi matk,

Yes, I've seen the white one advertised and have high resolution photos of the entire car, inside and out. Unfortunately, despite it being my preferred colour, it is in need of some serious money being spent on it. Even with the cosmetic, though costly, items aside, it's still done more miles than I was ideally looking for (46,000) and is suffering from a blown exhaust.

The S3 looks to be in the condition I was expecting to see today though, sadly, it's not the HC.

Steve

It can take sometime to find "the right one", don't lose the faith. I speak from personal experience, my 1st Esprit the Red HC took me 5 years to find. A depressingly long time but worth the wait and in the end it just makes you love it even more. Equally the S4S I found by sheer chance though a tiny advert in a car newspaper I had never bought before and only purchased due to a Lotus article on the front page. I had only just started to think about buying a 2nd one so it was just meant to be.

Your car is out there you just haven't found it yet, but you will.you :P

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Hi Neil,

My original interest was 3 years ago when I was desperate to purchase an HC.

I now have my commemorative HC but updated this topic when I noticed the red 86 HC back on the market with a premium of

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Sure mate - I need to get the enthusiasm back to get mine back on the road........

Only done 9k in 16 years?!?!?

Is this guy selling this car for real,ive seen this for sell for months now on 3 different sites and every one has a different price,just looked on the LEW site and the dude has now put the price up even more to a massive

It all depends how badly he wants to sell. I've seen a couple of S3 turbos up at that sort of price level. They'll never sell quickly, but it only takes one person with a potfull of cash who wants it, and its gone at the price. The owners prob don't need the cash out of the sale and are prepared to hang on.

Owners who need the cash tend to sell lower for the quicker sale.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Is this guy selling this car for real,ive seen this for sell for months now on 3 different sites and every one has a different price,just looked on the LEW site and the dude has now put the price up even more to a massive