free hit
counters
MR2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

MR2

I recently bought a 53 plate MR2 roadster  as a stopgap between my old esprit and what ever comes next.  It had a suspicious missing cel light but everything else was good so I purchased it.  I did a obd check and that showed one of the 3 o2 sensors was triggering  so should show cel.    Nice easy binicle removal and 3 mins later look what I find. Yes bluetack covering the cel led.  

DSC_1111.JPG

The slack thing its only a new sensor ( ok £50-£80) but  as its just the o2 heater circuit at  fault you can cut 2 wires and fit a resistor ( apparently )  and you now have a operating cel for any other more serious problems.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That bluetac is probably 20 years old!! :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

And another little surprise to deal with.   This apparently passed its mot 1 months ago with no advisories and I was stupid enough to believe an mot certificate.   Lesson learnt.  £300  for a new cross member from Toyota and 2 hours to swap it over, oh why didn't they galvanise it   like an esprit chassis. I get the impression that  they will all get this sooner or later.   However after a thorough check over of the rest of the car its a little cracker with the rest of it in good nick.  Next job after that and a geo set up will be new rubber and a wheel refurb. 

DSC_1145.JPG

A friend just had exactly the same on his Shogun Pinin however that failed its MOT on it...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I'd be vary suspicious of that MOT, you can check it's validity & history here by entering the registration number.  

If it is valid I'd report it to the DVLA for passing a vehicle with that amount of corrosion & if it's not valid report the seller to trading standards. :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

Its  a genuine mot and showed as all clear on the history when I checked before going to see it.  I lodged a complaint yesterday but it will almost certainly come back with "undertrays obscured vision of defective part"

The mot inspectorate want me to wait 10 days for them to book  a ramp and check it out.   As a good citizen I should wait, but the new crossmember arrived today and I have pencilled out Monday morning to swap it, so I will probably be a bad citizen and just get on with it.

I think these are the esprit fuel tanks Achilles heals for the MR2. ie they are all going to go sooner or later.

DSC_1151.JPG