free hit
counters
V6 Exige yellow MIL warning - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

V6 Exige yellow MIL warning

Set off to the Brooklands gathering this morning and after a few miles, the yellow engine MIL warning light came on. I stopped and looked at the handbook which said it was ok to continue driving at a moderate speed, but I decided to turn for home and get it booked in to B & C tomorrow. The cynic in me says it could be linked to the engine map which was recently updated, but it's most probably just a coincidence. It has been running better than ever since the update and still appeared to run ok after the light came on, although I did keep the revs down.

Anybody else had this and, if so, what did it turn out to be please?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx. Managed to borrow a code reader yesterday afternoon and it's telling me it's an O2 sensor on bank 1. Just booked it in to B & C but they can't look at it until next week :( 

Oh well it's the only problem I've had with the car in nearly 3 years, so I've been luckier than some I guess. 

mine's on at the moment, checked by dealer who said it was the exhaust valve solenoid stuck shut, car still drives ok and according to them is safe to drive, going in to be replaced on Friday.......thought I hadn't heard the loud exhaust for a while!

That's just fine

On 5/8/2017 at 15:03, Fortis said:

That was one of the reasons why I bought the 2bular track exhaust as I don't like the idea of having a valved exhaust, more things to go wrong :thumbup:  

Its why i was tempted to go with track exhaust but since i use my Exige is a daily driver I was worried it might be too loud for day to day use 

I may be wrong here but isn't the 2bular track exhaust quieter than the OE one? Always used to be that track exhausts were louder but most track venues these days are very noise sensitive and many road exhausts won't get through the static noise test.

My standard V6 wouldn't pass the noise test on 'quiet' days at Goodwood so I have to be very selective these days on which trackdays to take part in. 

I had a 2bular on my Elise and that had a lovely sound to it, importantly with no drone at cruising speeds either. I'm seriously thinking of getting one of their track systems for my Exige. 

1 hour ago, usurp said:

Its why i was tempted to go with track exhaust but since i use my Exige is a daily driver I was worried it might be too loud for day to day use 

Track system is perfect for my needs, sounds fantastic,no valve to worry about,discreet pops and crackles while lifting off the throttle, touring is no problem whatever (did the North Coast 500 last year), the twin carbon tips look great :thumbsup:, no packing for the supercharger to blow out and yes it is quieter than the 2bular road system when it's valve is open.

I have my first trackday at Anglesey on 3rd of June using the track exhaust so I will let you know how I get on. I don't do any quiet trackdays like Bedford etc.