free hit
counters
Evora 400 for a small person - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Rancid

Evora 400 for a small person

Anyone here 5' 2" and drive a 400?

We (as in the wife) are thinking of moving to one 'special' car - she has an M3 for daily use and I have the Exige for weekends.

Trouble is she's small, and even just sitting in my car she can't see anything over the dash.

Do the Evora seats move up and down?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Doesn't move up/down but is set a little higher in the car than the Exige. Wife is 5'3" & manages ok?

• Like 1

Thanks.

She really won't drive a car that she can't at least see some of the bonnet - the M3 isn't great for her as she has to have a cushion.

Cushions really spoil the sports car ambience, I feel....

My wife is 5'0" and did manage to pilot my 400 once, but even with the seat fully forward (which elevates it to max height) she struggled to both reach the pedals and see over the dash.

11 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Doesn't move up/down but is set a little higher in the car than the Exige. Wife is 5'3" & manages ok?

The 400 seems to be a bit more of an issue with the distance to the clutch than the S1. A member on here recently went Auto to get around this and last time I picked my car up from the dealers the young lady there had to ask me to fetch the car from out back as she couldn't reach the peddles.

Just to be clear, in light of @Colin P 's post, mine is an S1.

If the 400 manual is an issue the auto box is surprisingly good on the 400 :thumbsup:

Would be an auto we'd have.

She wants something as easy to drive as her DCT gearbox

I was going to say get a taller wife but my 6'1 better half isn't allowed anywear near the Lotus even in the garage.She managed to scrape the rear of my old Mercedes and it was the only wing that wasn't rusty I was saving that one ? Her reply was it still drives doesant it 

20170507_153602.jpg

My Mrs is 5'3" and has no problem in the 400 but it is an auto.

Her daily is an new A5 and I doubt she can see any of the bonnet on that :)

You will never see the bonnet in the Evora - you can see the 'wings' over the wheels if you are taller. What cars can you see the bonnet on these days ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

You will never see the bonnet in the Evora - you can see the 'wings' over the wheels if you are taller. What cars can you see the bonnet on these days ?

Was about to say pretty much the same thing! I can't see my bonnet... it's all just guesswork!!!  :)

I'm sitting in a Suzuki Vitara at the moment - I can see the bonnet and both corners.

As per the other guys, you can only see the wings not the bonnet, but that's better than a lot of Cars! The Evora is very easy to place on the road IMHO

This picture is hilarious. Does everyone in Sydney drive Maseratis or did you just park in a Maserati dealer to buy a second car for your wife?

Cars and Coffee :) Although my wife has asked for a Levante (getting her a Range Rover Velar instead)

My Mrs is 5'4" and drove mine without issue......she didnt even have the seat all the way forward.......2011MY BTW......

Pop up headlights you can see the front with ease.:lol:

I bought my wife a mini countryman before buying myself an evora with the change from not buying a levante....