free hit
counters
Evora Alpine to Pioneer Carplay - Harness Type? - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content


Evora Alpine to Pioneer Carplay - Harness Type?


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, electro_boy said:

I've briefly used the 120 in a different car and it was fine through Apple Car play.  I would stream music through the phone and use Apple Maps for navigation and it worked fine for that.  Screen was sharp, clear and bright when using reversing camera.

Note you may have to install a separate aerial for the DAB.  I have a more recent Alpine unit with DAB in my Evora and that requires a small stubby aerial on the front windscreen next to the a pilar, cable routing is through he pillar so I can't see anything other than the small aerial.  Don't know if that bothers you at all but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks electro_boy. I don't really use the radio too much so might just opt for the easier 120 without DAB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did a similar swap, bought the pioneer loom and then still ended up removing the pins one by one from the pioneer plug and swapping it to the plug from the connector included with the stereo. P

Strip & solder. 

If it's the Pioneer SPH-DA120 that you're referring to, I also went down this route.  Bought the A132M0254F hoping it would be compatible, but alas no. Splicing the Lotus and Pioneer harnesses to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, electro_boy said:

Note you may have to install a separate aerial for the DAB.  I have a more recent Alpine unit with DAB in my Evora and that requires a small stubby aerial on the front windscreen next to the a pilar,

Not any more. 

You can use an FM Aerial splitter to get the DAB signal. All of the extra wiring is kept behind the dash. That’s what I use in my Evora (and other cars). 

https://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/product/kinetic-daa-7001-fm-am-to-fm-am-dab-aerial-converter-splitter/

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Not any more. 

You can use an FM Aerial splitter to get the DAB signal. All of the extra wiring is kept behind the dash. That’s what I use in my Evora (and other cars). 

https://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/product/kinetic-daa-7001-fm-am-to-fm-am-dab-aerial-converter-splitter/

Ooh. Me likey. So, being new & a bit dim to the world of swapping car entertainment gubbins, with this gizmo would I still have to get a unit that accepts DAB (like the 230) or would the 120 (am/fm) be fine?

 

Edited by SpikeMike
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the 120 and now have the 130 fitted for the benefit of Dab, but there is a downside to the 130, pioneer as removed the option of putting your own screen saver onto there latest units, so no more nice Lotus logo on start up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Had the 120 and now have the 130 fitted for the benefit of Dab, but there is a downside to the 130, pioneer as removed the option of putting your own screen saver onto there latest units, so no more nice Lotus logo on start up.

Nice. Checking this out.

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpikeMike said:

Ooh. Me likey. So, being new & a bit dim to the world of swapping car entertainment gubbins, with this gizmo would I still have to get a unit that accepts DAB (like the 230) or would the 120 (am/fm) be fine?

If you want DAB, you’ll have to get the DAB version (obvs). If you’re happy with AM/FM, then don’t bother. 

Personally, there are a few stations which I like which are either DAB only or are national on DAB (rather than just being local/regional) so I think that DAB is worth it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advice all.

Pioneer 130 seems decent option for £290 quids. I have a great independent nearby-ish (Foulds Motors in ian outlying village of Huddersfield), but its a pita to get to/from without a car. Halfords reckon they would fit for £50. Not a lover of them per se, but that would seem a very cheap option. Anyone want to warn me off doing that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got them to fit mine. I sat in the car and oversaw the chap and to be fair they've done so many the ones in my local are very good at it. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I got them to fit mine. I sat in the car and oversaw the chap and to be fair they've done so many the ones in my local are very good at it. 

Great thanks. That's me sorted!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/04/2019 at 15:51, scotty435 said:

Had the 120 and now have the 130 fitted for the benefit of Dab, but there is a downside to the 130, pioneer as removed the option of putting your own screen saver onto there latest units, so no more nice Lotus logo on start up.

 

On 18/04/2019 at 17:09, Bibs said:

I got them to fit mine. I sat in the car and oversaw the chap and to be fair they've done so many the ones in my local are very good at it. 

Could I just check with you guys that have had replacements fitted - I guess the head unit 'aluminium' facia surround has to come off to get access to the head unit for removal ...Its not like a full dash removal is it?

If I get my local Halfords to fit, I don't want them making a mess of the facia trying to get to it. Can anyone tell me how to remove the aluminium surround so I can pass on the info to the Halfords guys please? I've search the forum & web but can't find specifics. Pics would be ace if anyone has any. 

I'm going to leave all the Alpine gubbins in there as it sounds a massive job to remove. I'd just like a straightforward swap.

Thanks in advance 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

The facia is easy to take off just held on with 4-5 clips gently prying with a trim removal tool and it should come off no problem.

It might also be worth a search on the forum too for an old post which contains a pin diagram for the Alpine plug.  If you have the standard Alpine unit that comes with the car I don't think its a ISO connector so the new unit may not just plug straight in.  You might be OK but just in case if you do have the pin diagram it may help the fitter out and speed up the installation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ledlights said:

 

11 hours ago, electro_boy said:

The facia is easy to take off just held on with 4-5 clips gently prying with a trim removal tool and it should come off no problem.

It might also be worth a search on the forum too for an old post which contains a pin diagram for the Alpine plug.  If you have the standard Alpine unit that comes with the car I don't think its a ISO connector so the new unit may not just plug straight in.  You might be OK but just in case if you do have the pin diagram it may help the fitter out and speed up the installation.

Thanks both!

Is this the pin diagram(s) you mean?:

 

stereo wiring 1.jpg

stereo wiring 2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes those are the pin diagrams!  I wasn't aware there was a spreadsheet with Alpine and Pioneer plug wiring charts and on top of that also how to transfer from one to the other!   Got to love this community, what helpful bunch you all are! 👍🏾😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 10 months later...

I have swapped in a pioneer SPH-DA130DAB and all works a part from. Loading new firmware and background.  I think it maybe to do with hand brake.  Although when in the firmware section. The firmware upgrade does not illuminate.  The licence info does when I pull the handbrake on.

light green is connected.

the firmware image screen is a stock image.  On my the firmware upgrade does not illuminate.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks

 

 

1CD3B313-8676-4DED-8043-C323467E7804.jpeg

B870B93F-75C9-468D-9EAE-39F9282029DB.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a F77DAB which can be updated without worrying about handbrake but my current one  in the Elise, Z7100DAB, needs the handbrake on and also wired in correctly if that makes sense as I had similar problems at first.  I also believe some Pioneer units won’t work with handbrake defeats like wiring directly into the ground.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...