free hit
counters
Access to the top nut of the front caliper? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Access to the top nut of the front caliper?

I am in the process to change the calipers, dics and pads. So far everything went nearly smooth, the fact the bits are all imperial leaving aside... but the top nut is not reachable with any sockets in my example. The brake lines a in the way and it seems to be impossible to get them out of the way because of the bracket for the lines. How is it build at yours? Show me your pictures, please :-)

2013-12-15 11.19.56.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its similar to contemporary esprit setup.   I'd personally just sacifice the brake lines, with an angle grinder if required.  That flexi is overdue for a change anyway.   Alternatively, cant you get a long cranked ring spanner on that bolt?

Yes, with a Ring spanner and only 1/16 moves, which is quite a bit annoying. On the other hand I cannot give the bolt the right amount of torque when getting back on. 

I have made now a further bracket for the bracket, but this can't be the last answer  for this security item...