free hit
counters
another Lotus Engineering car in China - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
esprithk

another Lotus Engineering car in China

http://www.chery.cn:8080/web/product/v5/v5product_index.asp

to be honest, I am considering to purchase this one for my daily transportation in China.

the suspension system is designed by Lotus Engineering UK

the style is very much like the HONDA Odyssey and also carries 7 adults.

power is a 2.0L 4cylinder engine, fuel efficent = 100km / 7.7Liter

retail price = US$18,000

4.66meter length X 1.82meter width X 1.59meter height

http://img1.qq.com/auto/pics/3014/3014505.jpg

http://img1.qq.com/auto/pics/3014/3014504.jpg

**the media gives a very positive feedback about the handling of the car, "thanks to LOTUS UK"

Edited by esprithk

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Eric,

If you want a laugh check out this link to see a Chery windcloud spank a Ferrari F430!

http://news.windingroad.com/auto-news/shan...ckday-shootout/

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Ha Ha, there is no way a Chery Windcloud can go that fast...(wonder what things the guy has done to the car)

a Windcloud is selling for US$8000, and you won't believe how many of them in the road, they are just everywhere. Even driving school uses Windcloud because it cannot be possible to get this cheap with reasonable quality (you should see what other China brands offers)

**anyway, another great Chery car is called "QQ"...the 1st year was a 800cc, now is upgraded to 1300cc..

retail price is US$6000. Women love to buy it because it looks very cute and small.

Ha Ha, there is no way a Chery Windcloud can go that fast...(wonder what things the guy has done to the car)

a Windcloud is selling for US$8000, and you won't believe how many of them in the road, they are just everywhere. Even driving school uses Windcloud because it cannot be possible to get this cheap with reasonable quality (you should see what other China brands offers)

**anyway, another great Chery car is called "QQ"...the 1st year was a 800cc, now is upgraded to 1300cc..

retail price is US$6000. Women love to buy it because it looks very cute and small.

Did you read the comments?

fightingtorque December 16th, 2006 9:05 AM Link

It was me

More speed, less haste

oh...did not check the comments section.

good to see another Lotus Esprit member enjoying China

It was fun - I lived in Qingdao for 5 years building and running a piston factory, then 2 years working out of shanghai running OE sales of pistons, rings, bearings and some other parts.

Did some business with Chery from an early stage. Brave company, everybody said it wouldn't work in China, now it has, the people are saying it won't work internationally, but I think you can expect to see them in a few years. They are also playing with a sports car called M14.

www.chinacarforums.com is the place for china car info / banter.

I will probably have a few trips back in my new job, but not til later this year.

cheers,

gav

............. that's fightingtorque!!!

www.fightingtorque.com

I went to china to visit some car factories for distribution in Colombia and think they are a couple of years away from good quality and design and this won