free hit
counters
Is it just me... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Is it just me...

or have IQs dropped sharply? Apologies for quoting Ellen Ripley, but I'm constantly surprised by how stupidly some people behave. 

Last bit of dascam footage I'll post here, but overtaking on a blind bend at a pelican crossing is a new one...

300517a.mov

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think it is becoming the norm as people don't think anything bad will happen the them. They are wrapped in cars now that will protect them from just about anything. It is the people outside the vehicle in more precarious a position.

I saw the same thing with a truck on a freeway near Melbourne the cay after two fatalities on the same section of road involving trucks.

People care very little about everyone else.

The Western Ring Road in Melbourne was blocked all day yesterday due to a jack-knifed semi-trailer because a truck apparently pulled out in font of him and he did everything he could to avoid slamming into a small car.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

There is certainly no shortage of stupid. Or of inattentiveness.

I get a weekly dose of fright doing volunteer work with my local police detachment. Two of us will spend a couple of hours in busy traffic / busy pedestrian / low speed limit areas (typically along the beachfront as I live in a seaside community) clocking vehicle speeds. We are hardly inconspicuous in a white van with RCMP markings, high-vis vests and an illuminated board showing the radar read-out. Yet the number of sheer knucklehead moves we see each week can be astounding. Perhaps the  worst are those who abruptly brake to walking speed when they finally spot us at a distance of 20 yards away.  Or perhaps the drivers who spend the whole time staring at their crotch - they are either busy texting or playing with themselves but in either case they are too distracted to pay attention and drive safely.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

I meant to ask David, forwarding it to the police?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I wouldn't. They will give you a producer ask to see your MOT and your driving licence. Then ask how you took the footage before saying theres nothing they can do!

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• Gold FFM

It seems many people just don't care anymore, and just do as they please without regards for other's safety. Being well isolated and protected in modern cars probably contributes. I think it's mainly selfish behavior and they're not even aware of the possible consequences their actions can have.

"God must like idiots, for he made so many of them!"

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.