free hit
counters
Magnitude Events Ltd Has A New Owner - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Magnitude_Events

Magnitude Events Ltd Has A New Owner

As some of you are aware Magnitude Events has operated exclusively over the past 24 months from the Official Lotus Test Track at Hethel operating club events and Retro and Heritage Events of a more "gentlemanly" nature. Since the reviewing of noise emissions and use of the test track facility, Lotus has since restricted the companies that can operate there under the legalities drawn out in the terms of use of the circuit which unfortunately meant that Magnitude had to ultimately withdraw from operations at the Hethel.

There was an overwhelming support from the TLF members and the wider community for my events that I operated and for that I want to extend my sincere gratitude for supporting me and respecting the ethos that I worked so hard to achieve in the early stages of setting up the business. Since October last year my personal circumstances have changed which has seen an exciting new chapter begin, some of you may be aware that between 2011-2013 I used to be the Sales and Marketing manager for the Lotus Driving Academy at Hethel and now I have found myself gravitating back to the brand and have once again joined Lotus in the form of Sales and Marketing manager at Stratton Motor Company (The Local Lotus Main Dealer) with a personal view to help inject some good old fashioned high levels of customer service and a refreshing sales process to ensure that the purchase of these cars is nothing more than an enjoyable experience.

Since joining I have explored various options to find the right person to take on Magnitude Events someone who can understand and develop what I initially started in 2014. I'm pleased to announce that James Martin which some of you know more commonly as @JayEmm is now the new owner of Magnitude. Having attended some of my previous events he understands the importance of retaining the gentlemanly and simplistic style of events and looking to take the name to various circuits around the UK with Snetterton and Blyton at the top of the list. I feel with his passion, enthusiasm and connections within the industry that he is one of the best people in my mind to develop the business and move it in the right direction.

Once again thank you to all of you that supported me in the past and if you're thinking of purchasing a new Lotus the coffee machine is always on, the factory is only just around the corner and my family restaurant The Bird In Hand does a nice spot of lunch! We can tie all three things at the same time!

Kind regards

Alexander Brake    

image1.JPG

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wow @JayEmm congrats.

bit of a departure from your filming business?

whats the plan?

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Well done @JayEmm give us something to talk about next week

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

To be honest gents I have had an absolute blast over the last year, the Lotus family have welcomed me with open arms.

I've been trying to find a way to turn this into a career of sorts and when Alex kindly proposed to me the idea of taking over Magnitude, I of course bit his hand off.

We will be starting slow this year but anyone who wants to go on the mailing list please PM me and of course any days will also be listed here

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Well done both of you. Ditto what pete said.

• Like 1

Congratulations gentlemen. The few of Alex's events I attended at Hethel were some very relaxed and enjoyable days and really felt like being in a special club. Part if that was the Lotus breifing room and the location of the building to the track but also the friendliness and professionalism of Alex and his team.

Best of luck to both.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JayEmm said:

of course any days will also be listed here

http://www.thelotusforums.com/advertisers/

:thumbup:

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

16 hours ago, Buddsy said:

@Magnitude_Events Alexander do you still have a hand in the bird in hand?

buddsy

Hi Buddsy, My family still own it however I'm now often found on the more enjoyable side of the bar. We still host a number of car meets there and its perfectly situated to have a spot of lunch and a drink when I take perspective Lotus clients around the facility to discuss their new car requirements. :)

5 minutes ago, Stratton Motor Company said:

My family still own it however I'm now often found on the more enjoyable side of the bar. 

Good for you. Only reason I mentioned it was we have been meeting there 3rd monday of the month for maybe the last 3 years when I think you had arranged it with Bibs. 

Last couple of times we been to the pub seemed not to know we were coming? The blonde lady who used to be behind the bar seemed to know we were coming.  I was hoping to check if its ok that us from the Norfolk Group are still good for the 3rd of each month?

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Interesting..... I have just rang the Bird an made them aware of your meets and ensured they have entered it in to the diary moving forward for the 3rd Monday of the month starting from Monday the 20th of June until November 2017. Can you please email me your contact details to [email protected] I can then put you as a point of contact for the group meet. I have said there could be up to 10 people and to ensure a little area is put aside for you. Hopefully this will be sorted now :) I shall have to join you for a drink and bring some interesting cars down for you to have a look at. If any thing needs changing don't hesitate to contact me

• Like 1

Many congratulations, track driving is inevitably the future for us all and Magnitude filled a unique gap in the market. Best of luck building on Alex's well laid foundations. Shame Hethel is out of the picture but we are truly blessed with circuits in the UK. No-one is more than 2 hours away from somewhere brilliant, many tracks are world class, steeped in history and endlessly challenging. I'm guessing a Magnitude youtube channel will become part of the plans and it's a great way to promote the brand and could one day become a revenue stream on its own. One day Lotus will wake up and kick themselves for not thinking of doing something like that years ago!

7 hours ago, Stratton Motor Company said:

Interesting..... I have just rang the Bird an made them aware of your meets and ensured they have entered it in to the diary moving forward for the 3rd Monday of the month starting from Monday the 20th of June until November 2017. Can you please email me your contact details to [email protected] I can then put you as a point of contact for the group meet. I have said there could be up to 10 people and to ensure a little area is put aside for you. Hopefully this will be sorted now :) I shall have to join you for a drink and bring some interesting cars down for you to have a look at. If any thing needs changing don't hesitate to contact me

Think the 20th is a tuesday

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Just spotted this! Congratulations James :) I hope to get back into a few track days next year so will add Magnitude to the list. Snetterton should be my local circuit by then as well.