free hit
counters
June 19th Bird in Hand - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Buddsy

June 19th Bird in Hand

Hi chaps. Lighter evenings lets make it a good one!

1 Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I shall see you all there :)

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Racing is strictly prohibited at my events. Only spirited driving. Loser buys the round :)

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

Back from holiday on 18th so I've no excuse for not making this one, intend to be there at last!

• Like 1

I have started writing a invite for more members from the members map. I have got 41 more people to add to the email and I am not half way through Norfolk members. There is a possibility I will be away on the 19th so have not sent it yet as we I would need to reserve restaurant space if the group grows significantly , I wouldn't want to send the email and then not be there to organise the bookings etc. Happy to send it to get more people and cars together if someone then wants to help with the restaurant book etc if I am not here. poss @JayEmm so you could tell people about @Magnitude_Events or @Buddsy although you have already done well pulling us together every month as it is. Thoughts?

• Like 1

41 more and not half way through !  Blimey, we'll be fighting over places to sit ...   :lol:

I will be there on 19th...

• Like 2

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

I don't mind helping organise

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

2 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

I have started writing a invite for more members from the members map. I have got 41 more people to add to the email and I am not half way through Norfolk members. There is a possibility I will be away on the 19th so have not sent it yet as we I would need to reserve restaurant space if the group grows significantly , I wouldn't want to send the email and then not be there to organise the bookings etc. Happy to send it to get more people and cars together if someone then wants to help with the restaurant book etc if I am not here. poss @JayEmm so you could tell people about @Magnitude_Events or @Buddsy although you have already done well pulling us together every month as it is. Thoughts?

Well done Stuart! :thumbup:

If there is any thing like 40 people going to be turning up we should tell Alex @Stratton Motor Company.

Maybe we should use the event thing on facebook to get a handle on how many are turning up and how many are eating. Booking food in advance maybe an idea too.

buddsy

Righto, I will send it today. Alex facebooked me saying he doesn't mind organising to so between Alex and Jay we should be cool. No additional people might come. I will know if I will be away by Tuesday, apologies for this.

Good idea Buddsy will add something about the Facebook page to.

Stu

• Like 1

Not sure. In Canaries at moment and work will be busy on my return so may not be about. 

Ok guys and gals. I have taken the liberty on messaging members from the members map. I have listed most of the people from Norwich and started working outwards.  I have not completed Norfolk yet just wanted to see if we could grow the meeting size.

We have a great bunch of people turning up but I am sure being the home of Lotus we could get a lot more cars together. Anyone who is not familiar with the Bird In Hand meet here goes:

We generally meet at the Bird In Hand in Wrenningham on the 3rd Monday of every month. (close to the Lotus factory)

Meet around 7.00, beer and food for the people who fancy it. The Bird In Hand has a large car park ideal for parking together and host other owners club meetings to they are use to functions like this.

I have messaged a lot of people here so if we all intend to eat then we really do need to reserve some space. Please reply if you fancy food so we can book the restaurant. I would reply on here so we can get a idea of numbers.

Otherwise swing in for a drink and speak to some like minded Lotus nuts.

It doesn't matter what state of fettle your car is in, bring it along, it all about the mutual love of cars. If you dont have a Lotus then feel free to come in you daily driver.

The is no snobbery in the group its just like minded people getting together.

Buddsy has also set up a local facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/453709221652470/?ref=bookmarks 

I may well be away for this meeting but James @jayemm and Alex from Stratton motor company said they would make restaurant arrangement etc for those who want to eat. food is great and price is reasonable.

If I have missed anyone the apologies. Please feel free to come along.

@phil flash  @andydclements @oilmagnet477 @Bravo73 @JAWS@Orsom Weels @Nifty @OwenGT3 @PaulCP 

@Buddsy @simonf @i like cocopops @Kimbers @GarrySmith

@PhilW@jammy-pop

@Hydro

@Kingdeshpr

@a2c39a

@lotus_insider

@Richard B

@Fonz

@Magic Mountain

@chipp

@NR2k

@NeilMick

@LotusMiles

@pcurtis

@L666

@ShaunM

@Numanoid

@Davidh

@Taylorshorty69

@Nfkdan

@charlieshelby

@adrian1980uk

@stevie67p

@twiggy26

@pgp

@graham

@kieranmcc

@JimH

@Thesignbox

@davidwebster_

@mattdebbage

@Manc

@FABTECHMOTORSPORT

@helmetb

@JamesStronach

@DAV1D

@Matt Becker

@10tus

@JamesYoung

@ST S1

@Lara-Lotus

@Freddiesmummy

@Maureen Coote

@MikeP

@shauno1409

@Richard Goodbourn

@cjbss9

@MikeP

@Hodjay

@Jof

@Wurzel

@modifiedv8engines

@NathR

@Newts

@Stratton Motor Company

@Peteric

@Steve S3

@wytco0

@Broadsword

@Evan B

@fourhands

@langleytw

@ade3210

@bosshog

@SR111

@Kevin Keable

@redone

@Ron Goldsmith

@d_mann

@Malcolm Palmer

@Sox

@M4rk

@111s.matty

@Andy C

@bigdave

@DAVE68

@zippysigma

@news42

@OJ 48

@Mark111S

@Marcus Anderson

@Mimi

@ANDREW HUNT

@Steven162

@mezzotint

@Someone Else

@Someone Else

@Tmbeardmore

@mimosa

@d_mann

• Like 1

Count me in for food as well.

Well done @Stuart Monument and @Buddsy

Not much into FB so would prefer to maintain this setup but I appreciate that it is a task.

See you then. Still on for doing a BBQ at mine - July/Aug/Sept if anyone wants to discuss, let me know

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Hi Ant we will always be mainly based here. I just set up the FB so we can use the messenger thingy to keep up with each other...so I can let people know when Im running late.

buddsy

Hi Guys,

Been away for a long camping weekend in deepest darkest Suffolk with the Norton club. No mobile phone signal or internet :o, so only just picked this up.

Mrs O & myself plan to be there & will be eating.

Cheers

• Like 1

So we expecting a good turnout then? How many should I say are coming, 15-16?

James Martin (JayEmm)

I will be way I'm affraid. Last minute holiday. Surprised we didn't get a bigger response from the message I sent ! Nice one James for picking up on this ! 

How many of us usually? 8?

I say maybe 12-14 should turn up.

@Kimbers are you coming just wondering as was wondering if MJK would need picking up?

buddsy

I would love to but have to go in to work to do some paperwork. May try and pop in and say hi!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)