free hit
counters
Trolley jack - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Paul 111r

Trolley jack

Can anyone recommend a suitable lightweight trolley jack for an Elise please?

i have two already but they are large and heavy and not easy to move around in a tight garage.

cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I bought one of these from sgs and it's a nice bit of kit 

Same here.

Its a nice looking jack but you could buy over 3 of these for the same price. I dont really see the point of buying an aluminium jack if its going to be actually heavier, bigger and have a lower lifting capacity than the one in this link? I bought one of these plus a hockey puck for £35. Tried it on the car this week to get the wheel off and it was great

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Profile-Hydraulic-Trolley-Garage-Lifting/dp/B01H5GAE1Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1498684378&sr=8-3&keywords=LOW+PROFILE+JACK

The one recommended is quite light with a handy carry handle, extremely quick and the two part handle is useful for tight spots. It's worth the extra imo depending on your individual budget.

I started with a cheap one. It blew up and poured hydrolic oil everywhere. Then cost me a fortune to return to get a refund but the seller would not cover all the return delivery costs. 

When I was buying mine I read many reports of failures from various 'cheaper' makes such as Clark.  All the jacks I found all looked the same as these just in different colours or different branding.  I didn't want to take the chance which is why I went for SGS.

I'm happy with it and the best thing is I can fit it inside the lowest drawer of my Halfords tool chest.

• Like 1