free hit
counters
Alpine Media Sound Issue - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi guys

After owning several Elise and an Exige over the years I recently upgraded to an Evora launch edition with all the extra packs.

I love it but im having an issue with the Alpine Media unit which is puzzling me.

When I bought the car I thought the passenger speaker was blown so I had it replaced.

All seemed fine but then the sound to the speaker randomly dropped in and out.

Sometimes it would crackle a little and sometimes not before it dropped in and out.

I thought it might be a loose connection so I removed the door panel and checked all the connections.

I couldn't get the issue to occur when wiggling the connections. I also traced the wires under the dash and wiggled them too.

Today I removed the head unit and checked the connections to it and wiggled all of the wires behind the unit too.

Again I couldn't get the issue to occur.

Sometimes this issue occurs when the car is stationary but also when the car is moving.

There doesn't seem to be any kind of pattern or obvious cause. i.e. it doesn't always happen when going over bumps which might effect a loose connection.

When the sound drops out the sub and drivers side speaker still work fine.

I can't think of anywhere else to check for a loose connection so im hoping one of you guys might some ideas?

Cheers in advance 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think his recommendation based on his other post will be the Pioneer Avic F88. Had a look myself and whilst it will no doubt be an improvement it still looks poor.  Car audio is so behind general technology that it is an embarrassment.  It needs Apple or Samsung to come in with a product.  The current interface, look, fonts, ui and general graphics still look 1980s. I would love to upgrade the rubbish 505r in my Evora but there is nothing available even at £1k plus.  I think the 505r looks best with the screen off.  When on it looks like a BBC micro computer screen.  Such a big ugly interface to stare at when listening to music.  At least have a spectrum analyser to switch to rather than the terrible fonts and background design.