free hit
counters
Wiper assembly fitting - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Having fitted a complete new wiper mechanism and motor assembly, and all the dashboard, I discovered that the wiper wasn't working, apart from an initial few degrees and a then a clonk when the wiper was switched on subsequently. I had tested it on the bench beforehand, but not when it was fitted, as all the electrics were disconnected. As it happens I still have the old assembly, so I stuck it in the vice and noticed it was possible to turn the spindle so the cranks were reversed, and the thing couldn't move.

This morning, after releasing the spindle and locking plate, I tried without success to rotate it from the front, but as luck should have it managed to get my arm through the left hand hole where the binnacle has been removed, and rotate it that way. Much rejoicing ensured, as this was a very difficult job even with the dash removed, and Sparky's legendary gyno skills, and I had no desire to do it all again.

So there you go: If you're changing your wiper assembly, for God's sake make sure you have it orientated correctly. See these photos for the right and wrong way.

IMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1326.JPG

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fitted a complete new wiper mechanism and motor assembly, and all the dashboard, I discovered that the wiper wasn't working, apart from an initial few degrees and a then a clonk when the wiper

Posted Images