free hit
counters
Best Exhaust for Exige Sport 380: Larini vs Komo Tec - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bruce H

Best Exhaust for Exige Sport 380: Larini vs Komo Tec

Just taken delivery of a 380 Sport and have narrowed down my exhaust choices to Larini or Komo Tec.

Would be good to hear some opinions

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Do you want to make it quieter? Put Quicksilver on the list. B&C offer them for sale. Db is reduced just enough to get you on 105db trackdays.

Otherwise all much of a muchness to me, I certainly wouldn't want to go louder than stock.

18 hours ago, The Pits said:

Do you want to make it quieter? Put Quicksilver on the list. B&C offer them for sale. Db is reduced just enough to get you on 105db trackdays.

Otherwise all much of a muchness to me, I certainly wouldn't want to go louder than stock.

The volume is perfect. Antisocial when I want it to be and quiet for cruising. I just wanted to improve the quality of the sound. Also are Exige V6 exhausts compatible with the 380 Sport? 

The Larini exhaust I have heard for the Evora does not sound wildly different to the stock 400 item.

I would personally leave it as is if you don't need a reduction in sound. Or I would get the Komo Tec headers, the stock ones aren't ideal I believe 

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I think both the Larini and Quicksilver are lighter than the OEM - the Qicksilver is about 3kg's - although I've been unable to find the figures for the Larini.

However, I guess if you're concerned about weight then that itself may justify a change 

7 hours ago, Bruce H said:

The volume is perfect. Antisocial when I want it to be and quiet for cruising. I just wanted to improve the quality of the sound. Also are Exige V6 exhausts compatible with the 380 Sport? 

I think the V6s and the 380 have a different bore size to the exhaust, so not interchangeable.    

I'm probably going to fit my 2bular on my 380 when it arrives. Jim will make the adapter so it fits.

cheers

Mark

if I don't then I'll post it for sale on here only done 500 miles and is mint carbon and tinted tips too.

I bought Larini. I would say it is quieter at low revs and much louder at high revs than OEM exhaust.

OEM weighted with my home scale 14.6 kg and Larini 7.6kg. 

11 hours ago, RedViper said:

2bular 

+ 1 - absolutly ...

You have to evaluate if you want a better noise (for normal circulation) or want to stay in the parameters for track days ...

2bular 

i ordered the road version for my car but its taking forever to ship :(

4 hours ago, NANO said:

+ 1 - absolutly ...

You have to evaluate if you want a better noise (for normal circulation) or want to stay in the parameters for track days ...

Not really going to use it on track. Mainly for fast road use and autobahn driving. ?

If I'm going to get a komo tec tune would I be better of going with a komo tec exhaust?

4 hours ago, Dani said:

I bought Larini. I would say it is quieter at low revs and much louder at high revs than OEM exhaust.

OEM weighted with my home scale 14.6 kg and Larini 7.6kg. 

Yes that is what I'm looking for. 

I had a larini on my old elise sport 220. 

1 hour ago, Bruce H said:

Not really going to use it on track. Mainly for fast road use and autobahn driving. ?

If I'm going to get a komo tec tune would I be better of going with a komo tec exhaust?

I believe you can mix and match i.e. 2bular exhaust with KT headers. that must be the case as 2bular connects to stock manifolds no problem and you can run stock exhaust with KT headers. I am sure il be corrected if im wrong.

I presume if you get the KT tune and an exhaust from them if you ask nicely they may give you some discount?

5 hours ago, RedViper said:

I believe you can mix and match i.e. 2bular exhaust with KT headers. that must be the case as 2bular connects to stock manifolds no problem and you can run stock exhaust with KT headers. I am sure il be corrected if im wrong.

I presume if you get the KT tune and an exhaust from them if you ask nicely they may give you some discount?

Yes probably. But I'm looking for an exhaust that improves the quality of the sound. I'm just not sure whether the Komo tec is better than the Larini. 

Yes probably. But I'm looking for an exhaust that improves the quality of the sound. I'm just not sure whether the Komo tec is better than the Larini. 

Tough choice if your going to exclude the 2bular 

congrats on the 380 too. Awesome:)

Edited by RedViper

Tough choice if your going to exclude the 2bular 

congrats on the 380 too. Awesome:)

Thanks. 

It's just that I've not had any experience with tubular. I had larini on my old car so I'm slightly biased and a friend of mine has komo tec tune with stock exhaust. 

27 minutes ago, Bruce H said:

Thanks. 

It's just that I've not had any experience with tubular. I had larini on my old car so I'm slightly biased and a friend of mine has komo tec tune with stock exhaust. 

I bought a 2bular after seeing the one installed on my mates VX220 and reading countless posts of the quality of work and the superior gains made when people modded there car and included a 2bular exhaust.

Yes, you will have to wait for it (I think my wait was 3 months) but in my opinion its worth the wait.

2bular all the way. The owner is quite shouty in publicising his views of competitors, and some have found his customer service can be unreliable, but can't fault the product in my opinion

3 hours ago, Gashead1105 said:

2bular all the way. The owner is quite shouty in publicising his views of competitors, and some have found his customer service can be unreliable, but can't fault the product in my opinion

I bought a 2bular after seeing the one installed on my mates VX220 and reading countless posts of the quality of work and the superior gains made when people modded there car and included a 2bular exhaust.

Yes, you will have to wait for it (I think my wait was 3 months) but in my opinion its worth the wait.

Just had a look on their website and the exhausts are not valve controlled. 

Larini is also a tad cheaper. 

I have to say that I thought the road version was valved actually. And switchable via the button. I had one on my S2 and it was a work of art in a way that Larini etc are not. Well worth the premium in my view - I wouldn't fit a Larini personally although I wouldn't be modifying a new Sport 380 anyway, it's more than loud enough and if you have quality concerns you have a 3 year warranty to cover that...

56 minutes ago, Bruce H said:

Just had a look on their website and the exhausts are not valve controlled. 

Larini is also a tad cheaper. 

The road version is valve controlled 

Exige V6 valved 70mm "ROAD" system
http://www.2bular.co.uk/exige-v6-70mm-bore-system

The Larini is a tad cheaper or similar in price but I chose 2bular because I just preferred the sound over the Larini version and I've read so many great things about his exhaust.

His service isn't that great though, been waiting for over a week now for him to just ship the exhaust even though its ready. I have to keep emailing him everyday which is a bit frustrating. Once I get the exhaust though will do a before and after video since there doesn't seem to be many around.

17 minutes ago, usurp said:

His service isn't that great though, been waiting for over a week now for him to just ship the exhaust even though its ready. I have to keep emailing him everyday which is a bit frustrating.

Ah, so apparently your exhaust is ready but he hasn't managed to ship it for over a week?

You really believe that?

2 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Ah, so apparently your exhaust is ready but he hasn't managed to ship it for over a week?

You really believe that?

?