free hit
counters
Evora v 570s - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
baggies

Evora v 570s

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Is the 570S really that big? At least it looks bigger than the Evora in the picture. Other than that, the Evora has 2 more seats and the McLaren 2 more cylinders.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

If I remember, the Macca is supposed to be 10cm longer than the Evora (400) and something like 5cm wider end 1cm lower.

540/570/720 Mclarens i.e their newest cars are so ugly.  They've done so well to build up their brand in a short period of time.  Hope they don't throw it away with the current designs. Only reason I would buy one of these Mclarens is because they are very good value per performance and handling. The Evora looks better but would further kill the 570 aesthetically if it had a black pack :ph34r::sofa:

Edited by Evo400

The side scoop on running up the door reminds me of a feature of the Elise and Exige. 

I wonder why this design feature isnt carried over to the Evora too?

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

3 hours ago, TBD said:

Is the 570S really that big? At least it looks bigger than the Evora in the picture. Other than that, the Evora has 2 more seats and the McLaren 2 more cylinders.

You forgot to mention its  70kg lighter and has 200hp more :-)

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I know it's the generally unloved member of the family, but I actually quite like the looks of the MP4-12C. It started off looking quite generic but considering some of their recent efforts it looks quite cohesive. Also not too shabby in their bolder colours

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

80% of McLaren 650 sales were spiders. This is why they make the coupe first

James Martin (JayEmm)

As I said at the time Trev, your McLaren does look amazing and was a really nice place to sit, the car did feel very Lotus like. Thought similar of my friends 12c too, lovely looking car.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

No experience on the Sports Series but if you told me the 650 was a 21st Century Esprit, I would believe you. Very impressive ride and steering, which funnily enough many reviewers commented on being "Lotus-like".

I suspect if the Evora had a McLaren badge on it they would be selling like hot cakes. Shame.

James Martin (JayEmm)

Why not have both? :P (old photo)

5938a0aed8fb3_ss(2017-06-08at10_56.04).jpg.9dd65ff82a67f5675b62d9c9e043b4b6.jpg

The 570S is amazing. Better than my Evora 400 in every way except for the lack of rear seats, although it does have a very useful parcel shelf. I look forward to the inevitable upgrade :)

• Like 1

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

So with the exhausts coming out of the rear end above the bumper, how big's the rear boot then? Huh, Huh? ;) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Non-existent! Just like the Evora's frunk ;)

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

1 hour ago, ramjet said:

So with the exhausts coming out of the rear end above the bumper, how big's the rear boot then? Huh, Huh? ;) 

The Esprit has us spoiled, with a reasonable boot (for a supercar) and useful storage at the front as well, especially if you don't carry the spare.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

The storage available in the McLaren's front boot is quite remarkable. Considerably more generous than the 911 or R8 equivalent.

James Martin (JayEmm)

On 6/6/2017 at 16:48, JayEmm said:

I know it's the generally unloved member of the family, but I actually quite like the looks of the MP4-12C. It started off looking quite generic but considering some of their recent efforts it looks quite cohesive. Also not too shabby in their bolder colours

mp4-12c love its understated looks, its my favorite bar the f1 but thats a different ball game... all other mclarens are looking a bit ...........busy....  heres an orange one from a recent brands  hatch event, this orange sure was nice too look at...although i think they look  more awesome in that really bright silver with anthracite accents they do..

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

Edited by andyj007

Love the looks of 12c but after meeting an owner on the weekend who had £40k worth of warranty work on his car last year, think you neeed the £3.5k warranty pa 

Previously owned : Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Bespoke unit designed by Mclaren and Ilmor afaik 

7 hours ago, mik said:

Bespoke unit designed by Mclaren and Ilmor afaik 

Yep, it's an old Nissan/TWR design. It's manufactured by Ricardo, not Illmor.