free hit
counters
Is my engine temp too high? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The temperature outside today was 43 degrees celsius and i was stuck in a bit of traffic on the way home and noticed my AC stopped cooling. GCC spec cars have a secondary AC unit behind our seats and usually the front doesn't give out much cold air in traffic but the rear stays pretty cool. Today though even the rear stopped giving out cold air. So I checked the engine temp and it was around 102 degrees. Then the temp started rising further and hit 104. AC was basically just fan mode by then and I could even smell the engine overheating.

I'm guessing this isn't normal? I mean what is considered a high temperature for the Exige? On my track day last month I don't think even hit 100 degrees. 

Secondly, what can i do to improve the cooling? I figured the GCC spec'd cars would have better cooling but it's not even 50 degrees outside and my car seems to be overheating. I hadn't driven it heavy btw, i had just left work. Once traffic was moving temp dropped back down to 97 but in slow traffic or standstill it would shoot back over 100.

104.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images