free hit
counters
Track day brake pads recommendation for Elise Cup (250)? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
ImolaRed

Track day brake pads recommendation for Elise Cup (250)?

Hello,

what brake pads would you recommend for track days / fast street driving - on Elise Cup 250 standard brakes?

One more little question - do you know the part number of OEM brake pads? (for comparsion)

Thx for info

Jack

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

We use Carbon Metallic, run with the OEM until they are worn and the swap to see the difference. The OEM last about 3 track days and are ok, these last a lot better and are ok for the road. 

Front: 7824.08.15.44

Rear: 0491.08013.44

Lotus Silverstone supply me. I always have a spare set in case of running low on a track day. 

Thank you very much for info - I´ve just ordered it....

Edited by ImolaRed
  • Like 1

The road, what's that?

I've not noticed, however we really don't drive it much on the road. Taking to the alps in a few months, so let's hope not :)

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 07:57, LF1 said:

We use Carbon Metallic, run with the OEM until they are worn and the swap to see the difference. The OEM last about 3 track days and are ok, these last a lot better and are ok for the road. 

Front: 7824.08.15.44

Rear: 0491.08013.44

Lotus Silverstone supply me. I always have a spare set in case of running low on a track day. 

Hi Tom are those the Performance friction pads? The part numbers are the same, If yes awesome pads I love them on track!!!

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/braking/brake-pads/performace-friction

• Like 1

Yup - they're the ones Dave... i tried to photo the boxes here but could not upload for some reason.

I´ve just changed them , bedding procedure done and one track day complete...

They are fine - good modulation and feel, stopping power, definitely better than OEM.

But of course more brake dust, more noisy especially during hard braking, etc..

I am satisfied, but I am looking forward for comparsion with Pagid RS14 I have already in my garage :) waiting...

Make sure you clean the wheels after track days - the debris will weld itself to the wheels if you leave it too long as we found out.

Have you anyone a comparation with PFC 08 and 11 compound on Lotus car?

Now starting to take notice of the Elise threads :lol:

I used to love RS14 on my VX220, and given they still haven't changed the brake set up from back then, I'm keen to know if things have moved on or the same stuff is still good now.

On 20/07/2017 at 13:54, LF1 said:

Make sure you clean the wheels after track days - the debris will weld itself to the wheels if you leave it too long as we found out.

This only happens if you use brand new pads in the wet the first time you're out using them. 

Performance friction are a multilayer race pad. Theyre designed to be changed mid race, no bedding in is required as such.

The first layer of the pad material is very abrasive but it also wears away very quickly, it's designed like this so it mates the pad and disc up together quickly with full brake stops right from the off (the bedding in layer well call it).

If you use brand new pads when it is wet and raining, the dust released from this first layer of the pad mixes with the water and then set like stone to your wheels. I say dust, it's actually more like a fine but gritty sand that comes off them.

Try as you may, with any chemicals you like, you'll not get it off. A full wheel refurb will be needed.

So long as you don't use them first time out in the wet youll not have this problem. However, they are still quite a dusty pad after this initial layer has long worn away. Brilliant pads though, best I've personally used.