free hit
counters
Window regulator is how much!!! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

So my passanger side window motor is no more. Fair enough I thought 150-200ish for the part....it's not bespoke to lotus... nope.... £432,42!!!

The part is available but will take close to weeks to arrive even though it's available BUT I can have it shipped quicker for roughly 15% the price of the part. That's almost £500 for a window motor. Nuts.

Is this a Toyota part I could get from them?

Part details:

Door Window Regulator LH: C132B4051F

Stu

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a thread over on LT that goes into depth on the window regulators. Unfortunately, they're fairly specific (electronics-wise) to our cars, even though the regulator/motor assembly can be found i

I've never seen a cross-reference posted for the window regulators. Based on the failure rates, I doubt they're a Toyota part ;)

You could possibly replace just the motor, assuming the cable and pulleys are in working order. Of course that means pulling yours out and figuring out what motor would work as a replacement. That's my plan if/when mine give up the ghost, and I'll be sure to post any x-ref info I stumble across.

If it's not Toyota then it will be Proton. The door handle itself if from a Toyota so I would start there. I believe one person has managed to cross reference it or get close anyway on another site. From memory the cross referenced part was the opposite hand. I could have dreamt about the last bit and I am a bit out of touch with Evora stuff now!

• 11 months later...

This is the third car I have heard of lately with telephone number prices for window regulators. One was an Aston Martin at about £800. Why so pricey? People used to crap themselves at the potential costs for catalytic converters and the like, now what used to be simple components appear to be able to economically disable a lesser car.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• 1 year later...

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has any further information, I'm going to need a window regulator shortly...…….

Here's a thread over on LT that goes into depth on the window regulators. Unfortunately, they're fairly specific (electronics-wise) to our cars, even though the regulator/motor assembly can be found in various other vehicles. 

The end-result is that no cross-reference parts have been found (yet), but there's the potential to make a wiring harness that would allow the regulators from Seat vehicles to work in our cars. Not sure what the progress is on that currently though.

• Like 1