free hit
counters
2-Eleven track video ….. - 2-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

2-Eleven track video …..

We need more activity on the 2-Eleven forum ……. so here goes …… I've owned this car since 2008 and still love her. :D

• Like 2

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The yellow 211 is my car. The story is: I bought it in about 2012 as a rolling chassis, had it built up, raced once at Spa and hated the standard gearbox after I missed a shift and blew the engin

We need more activity on the 2-Eleven forum ……. so here goes …… I've owned this car since 2008 and still love her.    

Jack   1. I can’t answer your question as the whole modification was done at the same time on my car. One useful thing about the pedal box is that I have the ability to adjust the brake bias

Rapido! :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

SmartyCam GP HD camera with wide-angle lens makes pretty good videos.

@Bibs I'm pedalling as fast as I can. :)

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

• 8 months later...

@The Pits, thanks for sharing.

Jonny, do you  know what engine and sequential are in that car…sure doesn't look to be the standard 2ZZ motor, based on shift points.  I noticed he was shifting at ~7500 rpms, much lower than redline for the standard 2ZZ.

Also, was that originally a 2-Eleven GT4 model or a modified standard 2-Eleven to which the owner added a sequential?

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

Someone here must know more about that car it’s very well known among Lotus Cup racers in the UK. I believe it’s running the Xtrac paddleshift box. @TheKevlarKid do you know what spec Ryan Savage’s car is running?

There is very little std on it.

When I was racing mine from 08-11 the regs at the time didn't allow that much from factory spec. You could add a sequential gearbox which added a 30kg penalty but that was about it.

When the UK series changed hands from Paul Golding, the new owner's open the regs up. You could then change out the ecu's, put in charge coolers, superchargers, motorsport abs systems, bigger aero, and on and on and on. It turned into 'formula libra' where the racing was being done in the garage with a cheque book, not on the track (imo).

I decided at that point to give up. I didn't want to take my car down that route as I liked it when everyone turned up with an equal chance to win because we were all in pretty much the same. It basically boiled down to the driver then to get the best out of it.

Ryan's car had well over 100k of development/parts spent on it over those next few years but subsequently numbers of 2-11's racing fell.

It up for sale for 45k. 

Think it is one of the eliseparts sequential boxes in it. Certainly that's what it started out with. Other cars at the time were running Hewland boxes.

• Thanks 1

Any idea about his engine spec? V6 Cup Rs look like they pull away on the straights but he’s eating them alive on the brakes.

At one point it looks like he slows down to let the Exige V6 past just for his own entertainment. That’s when you know you have a car advantage!

@Ken may be able to shine some light on what's been done to the car :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It’s a lot of car for £45k if it’s all in good order. 1.14 around Donigton is a very quick time with treaded tyres.

2 minutes ago, Ken said:

Air jacks, I was just showing off with this, looked cool.

Agreed, air jacks are cool :D

Evora NA

@Ken -- Thank you for sharing.  I can truly appreciate all the work and effort that you put into developing the car.

Hope you don't mind if I ask you a couple of questions. 

1) I've recently experienced the benefit of the Bosch Motorsport ABS over the stock ABS in my Exige V6CupR, but haven't done the  brake-cage/pedal-box mod…yet. ;) Am I correct in assuming that getting rid of the brake vacuum booster gave you much more/better brake peddle feel/resolution which helped with brake modulation?  So you would recommend the peddle-box mod in conjunction with the motorsport abs?

2) I noticed that you used a 7500 rpm shift point with your most recent 2ZZ engine build, any specific reason?  Would you mind sharing HP/Torque of your engine?

Thanks in advance and good luck with the sale.  

Given all the development work and quality components, your asking price seems very fair, maybe even too low.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

Jack

1. I can’t answer your question as the whole modification was done at the same time on my car. One useful thing about the pedal box is that I have the ability to adjust the brake bias between front and rear. I have driven Exige V6 Cup R’s with and without the Bosh ABS, it makes a massive difference and cuts down the braking distances. Most the the Exiges in the race series had the Bosh ABS but I don’t think any of them had the pedal box. I don’t think your really need the pedal box on the Exige.

2. The car is tuned to run within the Lotus Cup race regulations. From memory the rules say 272 bhp per tonne at the hubs, I believe my car is about 247 bhp at the hubs which would equate to about 275 bhp at the fly wheeel. I don’t know what the torque is. The engine is capable of putting out much more power but we were restricted by the regulations and also the more boost you take from the super charger the more wear and tear on the engine. A lot of the development work was about engine reliability and we got to the stage where an engine could comfortably last a season without a refresh. The current engine was refreshed towards the end of the last season and taken out of the car at the end of the season for a check over and new gaskets etc. Reliability is all about preventative maintenance. The gearbox was also refreshed at the end of the season so it is now as good as new.

The rev limit is about 7,700 but the maximum torque is about 7,500 so it is quicker to short shift. You could lift the rev limit but the car would have too much power for the race series.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2.45 is rapid! :D

Evora NA

:thumbsup:

Evora NA