free hit
counters
How To: Carbon Fiber Engine Cover(s) Installation for the Lotus Exige S - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
usurp

How To: Carbon Fiber Engine Cover(s) Installation for the Lotus Exige S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks good, I've got this to do also.  Have my mounts fitted, just waiting on the carbon to arrive.

Anyone know where to get the pieces needed to fit the lower panel I can't find anyone with them in stock ?

Komotec, that's where I got them from

39 minutes ago, Gavin mckenzie said:

Anyone know where to get the pieces needed to fit the lower panel I can't find anyone with them in stock ?

I ordered direct from Lotus, took a while but finally arrived, still waiting for my carbon panels :-(

May have to cancel and buy a set from komotec.

• Like 1

where did you get your panels from?

Komotec needed 2 weeks to produce the covers for me and then shipped them right after. maybe you should cancel and just order the whole kit with the brackets from komotec

Yeah, thinking about it, I got the brackets from Lotus and they are fitted (managed to get both screws in the lower left :-) ), just the carbon covers I need.

3 hours ago, usurp said:

Komotec needed 2 weeks to produce the covers for me and then shipped them right after. maybe you should cancel and just order the whole kit with the brackets from komotec

They're not producing them by theirselves... covers are made by HK Fever in Hong-kong, who makes a lot of pretty CF parts (GTE wing, for example), and KT are selling them (only covers) in exclusivity for Europe...

Edited by French Frie

14 minutes ago, French Frie said:

They're not producing them by theirselves... covers are made by HK Fever in Hong-kong, who makes a lot of pretty CF parts (GTE wing, for example), and KT are selling them (only covers) in exclusivity for Europe...

yeah you're probably right, just re-read the original email and they had just stated delivery would be in 2 weeks.

That looks absolutely fantastic!

Who supplied the parts?

Don't think Komo-tec will ship to the UK

1 minute ago, TonyKL said:

They shipped all the way to Kuwait so i'm sure they'll ship to the UK

2 minutes ago, TonyKL said:

I spend lots of time in Europe with my car. Visiting them for two days in August so this could be added to the shopping list :sofa:

1 minute ago, GFWilliams said:

I spend lots of time in Europe with my car. Visiting them for two days in August so this could be added to the shopping list :sofa:

My phone background is your car btw, love your photos and so glad the Lotus community has you to take nice pics :)

iphone.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TonyKL said:

Komotec were happy to send me an exhaust. Otherwise, their UK agents are @Hangar 111

The other option in this case is to buy the covers direct from HKFever: http://www.pbase.com/hkfever/carbon_fiber

I asked for shipping from HK for the covers few months ago, and they answered that KT was their retailer for europe (at least mainland), hence why I know they are the manufacturer....

2 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Komotec were happy to send me an exhaust. Otherwise, their UK agents are @Hangar 111

The other option in this case is to buy the covers direct from HKFever: http://www.pbase.com/hkfever/carbon_fiber

It took HKFever 2 weeks to get back to me just on how much it would cost and he quoted me $350 just for the top cover. I paid $390 at Komotec for both top and bottom covers combined. AND they also have the mounts if you need them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Their UK agents are @Hangar 111.

True story!

24 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

I think Daniel will owe me a beer for winning a UK customer from me ;)  Have you decided which bits you are having, George?

Dave

28 minutes ago, usurp said:

They shipped all the way to Kuwait so i'm sure they'll ship to the UK

Couldn't find the UK in their webform, then realised it was under grosserbritannien :-)

14 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Trouble is the price on @Hangar111 is almost double that of Komo-tec.

1 hour ago, Hangar 111 said:

True story!

I think Daniel will owe me a beer for winning a UK customer from me ;)  Have you decided which bits you are having, George?

Dave

Sent you an email Dave explaining that I have nothing against Hangar111 and would have happily taken it to you, but my car is abroad near Komo so it is easier to take it to Germany!

1 hour ago, TonyKL said:

Trouble is the price on @Hangar111 is almost double that of Komo-tec.

Different manufacturer, and quality of product.

11 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Sent you an email Dave explaining that I have nothing against Hangar111 and would have happily taken it to you, but my car is abroad near Komo so it is easier to take it to Germany!

Honestly not a problem, understand your logisitics :)

Dave

Edited by Hangar 111