free hit
counters
Alpine Radio Hick-ups - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Alpine Radio Hick-ups

Hello all,

I'm new to this site. I own a 2011 Evora. Purchased new 2012. Its been good to me and just love the drive experience every time. I think I'm the only Evora owner in town. It seems the original Alpine radio has had its share of issues.

1-Can anyone tell me why my radio cuts so often when set to SAT radio? 

2-My back-up camera display is intermittent and I'm sure its a loose connection though i cannot locate it and now think the issue is inside the unit?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you for the existing info regarding the upgraded Alpine unit.   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Could be an issue with your Sirius/XM tuner box. IIRC, it's a separate unit connected to the Alpine. 

2) There's a reverse cam "box" between the headunit and the camera. It's located near the subwoofer, behind the side panel trim. Might be a loose connection there. 

Welcome to TLF Roger. :welcome:

A pity that your first post has to be one that has issues in it as well. Good to know you are otherwise happy with your car.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Hi Roger!

I had an intermittent problem with my original reversing camera. The problem was traced to water ingress in the camera itself. This is apparently not uncommon. The solution was a new camera.

Hi. On my Evora 400, the unit resets every time I start the engine. I assume the electricity drain of starting the car is cutting the power there. Are other suffering the same? Most frustrating is that you cannot programme the gps before starting the (lovely sounding) engine!