free hit
counters
I picked a TVS1900 - Page 4 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

4 hours ago, RedViper said:

Do you have a link please?

it does look a bit of a faff in that its stuck in but I would remove tailgate and then work on the glass once your not leaning over the car in an awkward position.

This one?

http://www.win-ace-bodykits.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_161&product_id=723

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collected the car from Hofmanns with my trailer. Just done 20 miles round my test route.. Two letters to describe my car now Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

As you all know, I have been slowly changing my 360 cup car to what I think it should have been from the factory These changes include the following Revalved, resprung dampers converted to 3

Hi Guys, We have literally just this week re-designed the mounting adapter to give us clearance for Evora fitment. I have a bit more work to do on an evora specific intake but thats the easy bit.

Posted Images

I am seriously considering getting this kit as well now.

Is this kind of power safe for both the engine and the gearbox particularly if you plan on keeping the car for several years to come and regularly tracking it maybe at least 4-5x per year?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Guess not is the answer... still waiting to see if 380 engines are “ fragile” before I upgrade..

8 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Guess not is the answer... still waiting to see if 380 engines are “ fragile” before I upgrade..

Do you think the 380 engine might be fragile? Or have you been told it is because of it's lowered rpm max?

Not sure many SSC TVS1900 kits have been dyno'd. Mine has and I have posted on here.

@550superfast sorry if I am being dense but could you link to that post? A friend is interested in that kit but hard to compare with the KT equivalent without numbers

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

9 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

@550superfast sorry if I am being dense but could you link to that post? A friend is interested in that kit but hard to compare with the KT equivalent without numbers

Halfway down page 4 on the ex460 vs SSC TVS1900 debate thread

So to save all the searching etc, 

Headline figures are 407bhp and 487NM torque. SSC are keen to say that figures are not what the upgrade is all about. They prefer to talk of real world performance

That’s usually code for ‘we can’t make the same power as others’. Given that we are all in the real world and have eatablished a mechanism for measuring power (in the real world).

Edited by JG220
  • Like 1

Would love to see a rolling drag race between a stock V6,  tvs1900 and the Komotec 460. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Pretty close in the real world on track, but I'd say the EX460 cars are usually a bit quicker. @Win911 goes past me on the Kemmel straight, he is running close ratio 5th and 6th as well I think? And says my line in Eau Rouge could be a better.

Snetterton on the Bentley straight Duncan and I had a few runs, it was really very close in a straight line.

After driving both the ex460 really goes from 6000rpm to the redline, whereas the TVS1900 is all done earlier and you are better of changing gear and using the torque.

I've put a few vids up on You Tube of both. Trouble with a rolling road is it is just a number, and not sure it can be relied on unless you had both cars there on the same day, with the same settings and an impartial person running the cars and road, whereas a lap time is actual. After my upgrade to TVS1900 I was 6 secs faster at Spa.

In short, both seem like great upgrades.

8 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

Pretty close in the real world on track, but I'd say the EX460 cars are usually a bit quicker. @Win911 goes past me on the Kemmel straight, he is running close ratio 5th and 6th as well I think? And says my line in Eau Rouge could be a better.

Snetterton on the Bentley straight Duncan and I had a few runs, it was really very close in a straight line.

After driving both the ex460 really goes from 6000rpm to the redline, whereas the TVS1900 is all done earlier and you are better of changing gear and using the torque.

I've put a few vids up on You Tube of both. Trouble with a rolling road is it is just a number, and not sure it can be relied on unless you had both cars there on the same day, with the same settings and an impartial person running the cars and road, whereas a lap time is actual. After my upgrade to TVS1900 I was 6 secs faster at Spa.

In short, both seem like great upgrades.

Totally agree on the torque and change gear earlier, Exactly like my car, however it does pull past 6000rpm to revlimter much much better than it did pre conversion....

So will the 380 Sport and Cup models rev past 6800 without destruction, that is a key question....?