free hit
counters
I picked a TVS1900 - Page 7 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

@Bravo73 nope don’t expect immediate response, small niche market and all that. However, response times are really poor. 

Thanks

Mark

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collected the car from Hofmanns with my trailer. Just done 20 miles round my test route.. Two letters to describe my car now Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

As you all know, I have been slowly changing my 360 cup car to what I think it should have been from the factory These changes include the following Revalved, resprung dampers converted to 3

Hi Guys, We have literally just this week re-designed the mounting adapter to give us clearance for Evora fitment. I have a bit more work to do on an evora specific intake but thats the easy bit.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

i) Can I buy SSC manifolds with the TVS right now?

ii) If not ( no SSC manifolds) Can I run 2bular manifolds/ back box with this kit with SSC tune...

Hi Marc

i) I guess not as I also think that  SSC have still not released their headers...

ii) I run 2Bular headers and sports cat in combination with the TVS1900 without problems.  Before installing the TVS1900 I was told by Stuart and Nick (SSC's calibrating guy) that they know from their testing with different headers that the ECU is very flexible to hardware changes so I would be fine to have the 2Bular headers installed with the tvs1900 supercharger. They also told me that once they had tested their headers with their 1900 SC kit they would see if there are any more gains to be made from tuning but they were fairly confident that the file will be the same as what they have already done.

By the way... From the photo's I have seen from SSC's headers I would say that their design looks very similar to 2Bulars...

Edited by rasasoufe
  • 4 weeks later...

update on my ips boxed exige with the tvs kit, i did the evening trackday at donington last night and now with nearly 2000 miles covered it just gets better no issues with the ECU or TCU backing off power i was doing 10 -12 fast lap runs and the air temp was around 19 deg, The only thing i,m not keen on is if i trail brake the ECU spits its dummy out and it drops into some kind of limp mode for around 20 or so seconds bloody annoying !!!, i,m still getting front end push out of fast corners so i need to start playing with tyre pressures and the nitron settings, still feeling a bit rusty and a bit to much hesitation at times but the lap times are coming my best was a 1.18 but I'm aiming to get into the 1.16s when i nail the setup not bad for a car you can drive home in afterwards........... 

yeah Tim its such a PIA i have few DSG/auto boxed cars and they all do it if you drag the brake its like the ecu is protecting something was getting annoying to say the least...

Are you on the throttle and brake at the same time? I think there is an interlock to prevent this (something to do with an American crashing a prius and claiming that the throttle stayed on when he hit the brakes).

yeah this is whats causing the problem slightly on the throttle and dragging the brake when needed its bastard annoying use it when trail braking and when trying to scrub a bit of speed it also helps make the front end bite a tad more will have to learn to adapt around it .....

• 1 month later...

I know of three TVS kits being fitted and two had g/b oil coolers at the same time

The 3rd was mine and I didn't have the cooler fitted, The plan was to add a kit myself, This never happened as I sold the car before I got chance

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any info on the Lotus 410/430 chargecooled engine? Would be good to see a diagram of where all the bits are situated.

Is there any update on the Simply Sports Cars charge cooled kit? 

4 minutes ago, W31SSN said:

Does anyone have any info on the Lotus 410/430 chargecooled engine? Would be good to see a diagram of where all the bits are situated.

Have a look through Deroure. All of the ‘exploded’ parts diagrams are there. Essentially, the charge cooler sits on top of the engine, next to the supercharger (both under the black cover). The radiator for the charge cooler is behind the front bumper (on the right, I think). 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, W31SSN said:

Is there any update on the Simply Sports Cars charge cooled kit? 

Will probably arrive tomorrow....

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Just go Komotec 460 😉

I think I agree with this..... works out of the box and lots of them about.

14 hours ago, trcm said:

Tim, what's the deal with the 1900 and ECUs, do you get a different one, or do they send you a plug with a canned tune to the Lotus ECU?

Is there any scope for modifying the SSC tune?

The ECU map is downloaded and sent to SSC, who then modify it and send it back to reload onto the car. I've no idea if it can be further modified though.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

OK, potentially very stupid question here, but anyway... If heat is such an issue in the engine bay, why are most of the superchargers (including the TVS1900) fitted black?  The standard supercharger on my 350 is actually silver (presumably because they didn't have any black ones lying around the shed that day in Hethel), which I would imagine is actually better, although appreciate the difference is probably negligible.  But marginal gains and all that...!

The Evora supercharger was always silver as it was hidden away under a engine cover, whereas the V6 unit was on show so had a nice black finish with a little plaque on it.

Lotus moved to the silver supercharger on the Exige I assume because it was slightly cheaper, and since the rear hatch became slatted was no longer visible with the hatch closed.

The black finish does look nicer, and I imagine SSC/Harrop stuck with it to be compatible for Exige and Evora, plus i'd guess the cost saving of silver is marginal. The heat issue will be bugger all difference between the two, in my strictly non-technical view :)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Have to say reading through this all as im doing my research is rather primative.

still no real dyno numbers from the 1900 charger (which doesnt really mean much anyway) and more importantly no acceleration data.

all respectful tuners these days through a gps data logger in their cars to show before and after numbers.

also the ecu changes, send the ecu off and get it sent back. Again very primative. Makes you wonder how much power is being left on the table, how safe  the tune is and the lack of personalisation. 

Custom tuning would always be better. Those who trail brake can have the limitations mapped out so the ecu doesnt throw a hissy fit for example.

Also the 1900 vs KT460 argument about durability. Apples and oranges. If prolonging the life of the engine and sustained performance was really high on the agenda you would do the bigger charger, and the charge cooling. Best of both worlds, why optimise one and not the other. Then theres people worrying about their clutches and gearboxes doing so, and this is where a custom map comes in.

cap the torque to clutch protecting levels at lower rpms and just open up the boost as you go up the rev range. Less strain on the clutch and gearbox.

also, people still running cats on primarily track cars, most people in the VAG/911TT/BMW throw their cats in the bin.

makes one wonder how much more could be extracted from the exige platform if one of the more intricate tuners picked this platform up and did some proper R&D. 

"Also the 1900 vs KT460 argument about durability......"

Depends how cars with the KT upgrade are used, if ragged all the time then yes I suppose that maybe true. But I haven't seen any post on here re SC or engine failures. Gearboxes, yes the odd couple, but that would apply to all upgrades. And you are probably right in that protection at lower RPMs would help longevity.

cheers