free hit
counters
Do both radiator fans work all the time? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Do both radiator fans work all the time?

So its getting pretty hot in Kuwait and my car temp hit 108 degrees today. When I got home I parked the car and checked to see if the fan radiators were working, the passenger side fan wasn't working just the driver side. Is that normal? I would think both would be working all the time.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Passed by the dealership garage today and while showing the mechanic the problem which is the fan not working, I noticed the fan was working. Of course, it suddenly works for the first time in two wee

Mark, Fans 1 & 2 (the ones on the main radiator) should operate in the same manner at the same time.  Fan 3 on the auxiliary rad should come on at 103c (with engine running). If you have

Yep, sounds like the fans need to be tested. The car does different fan speeds depending on the engine etc, so your local guys should be able to check it is all working as it should. Good lu

Mark,

Fans 1 & 2 (the ones on the main radiator) should operate in the same manner at the same time.  Fan 3 on the auxiliary rad should come on at 103c (with engine running).

If you have a Gulf spec car, not sure if things may be different.

Dave

• Like 1

just booked an appointment for tomorrow morning. the temperature in Kuwait is like 50 degrees now and if the car isn't overheating with just one fan working, thats pretty impressive. i'm guessing with second fan on, temperature wouldn't get past 98-100 and the AC wouldn't crap out as well.

Yep, sounds like the fans need to be tested.

The car does different fan speeds depending on the engine etc, so your local guys should be able to check it is all working as it should.

Good luck!  It's warm enough here at the workshop with 30c today!

Dave

• Like 1