free hit
counters
380 Sport Nitron Settings - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

As an observation, on bumpy roads, for instance  those with expansion joints every 20 metres or so, it feels like the car is knocking my teeth out, very stiff.

cheers

Mark

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
9 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

As an observation, on bumpy roads, for instance  those with expansion joints every 20 metres or so, it feels like the car is knocking my teeth out, very stiff.

cheers

Mark

Interesting.. but still hard to explain. I also would assume 380 sport and cup have same Nitron, so same standard/road use settings.. I need to verify if the clicks on the manual coincides with the clicks on the car. Although it is hard to believe an error in printing. But that 12-14 values looks really inverted.... weird.

I have no comparison to say how stiff it is.. however it is quite stiff. 

Just checked my Nitron setting and surprise, they do not match with manual. Compression 6 everywhere, rebound 11 front 12 rear.... I wrote to Lotus and they say that values on the manual are correct, so either it is a mistake by lotus or the garage where I bought the car changed them during preparation (but why?)

Now not sure what to do... Keep like this or revert to manual. First I will speak with my garage I believe.

Positive note: all adjuster are reachable without lifting the car. Rebound does a nice click which is very clear to hear, compression no... and is quite hard to turn with hand (despite in an easier position).

Need to check mine, as buying 2nd hand I’ve no idea what they’ve been set to. However massively impressed so far 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

@Cristiano very interesting that your 380 Cup (using settings from the manual) is virtually opposite of my 380 Sport and the V6 Cups mentioned earlier??

cheers

Mark

p.s. when I'm home I'll wind mine up and down to see where they are (just under a month).

1 hour ago, Mark030358 said:

@Cristiano very interesting that your 380 Cup (using settings from the manual) is virtually opposite of my 380 Sport and the V6 Cups mentioned earlier??

cheers

Mark

p.s. when I'm home I'll wind mine up and down to see where they are (just under a month).

Indeed, however maybe reason is behind different rear tyres, different aerodynamics (and loads at high speed), and potentially many other small details that are not explicitly mentioned in normal descriptions.. maybe also springs are different.

Today I have put the settings from the manual and drove a few km: I got the feeling the car is slightly softer, but to be honest, not that much different, at least at low speed. Tomorrow I will do more km to make better idea. It takes 15 mins to change all settings.. longest one is rebound on the back, as this is very hard to reach without lifting the car. Also you get full hand dirty! 

Next time I will go for a softer rebound in front for track use. It now was 7 (from hard), will try 9 now. Rear felt good wit a rebound of 5. 

Bump is 4 for front and rear.

I got unforseen understeer in middle and exit corner. My guess is that the rebound was too hard. 

@Jokke Vlo --  you might want to go the other direction on rebound adjustment for the front -- that is -- try a couple of clicks harder (clockwise) or leave front rebound where it is and go a bit stiffer on rear compression  (bump).  I'm assuming you are trying to get on throttle at or before the corner apex and then experiencing some mid-corner and corner-exit understeer, no? If so, I would think adjustments that would help to slow down the weight transfer to the rear axle upon throttle application would help, as long as oversteer on corner-exit doesn't enter the equation. ;) Also, sometimes to really feel a difference from adjustments with the Nitrons you need to make a bigger than 2 click change and then fine tune.  At least, that has been my experience with the 3-way Nitrons on my 2-11.

Of course, if what you are experiencing is new/previously unforeseen understeer from when you were running your original shock settings, it could be due to certain unique factors of that given track day, i.e., track conditions (ambient and track temps),  reduced tire grip due to degradation and the like.

Experimentation is good …. play with those knobs. :)

Keep those videos coming.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

So any updates from those that have tracked their 380 Sports ?  At Anglesey start of April so would be good to have some track settngs dialled in 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Thread bump here “sic”.....

So was reading the latest manual that you can get online for the Exige from Lotus and it looks like they have changed the damper settings on the 380 sport to match the 380 Cup.

FRONT

Compression 12 clicks in the new manual this is 7 clicks in the early manual

Rebound 9 clicks in the new manual this is 12 clicks in the early manual

REAR

Compression 14 clicks in the new manual this is 7 clicks in the early manual

Rebound 6 clicks in the new manual  this is 14 clicks in the early manual

Anyone with any suggestions to which is correct..???

thanks

I have 3 ways, not 2 ways, but the old rebound figures sound very soft.

You sure the compression and rebound numbers aren’t the wrong way around in the new manual ;)

Edited by DJW
  • Like 1

On 06/10/2019 at 23:50, Mark030358 said:

So was reading the latest manual that you can get online for the Exige from Lotus 

Excuse me for being stupid, but where can I find this? I haven't managed to find it on the Lotus website. If I can download it myself it would be great - I've been asking my dealer for more than 6 months but got nothing

Thanks