Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Help M100 running only 2 and 4 cylinder - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Help M100 running only 2 and 4 cylinder

esp88

Hi Any one  had problem with Elan M100 running only 2 and 4 cylinder ?

No fault lamp on ?

replaced coil  pack, spark plugs but not Help and all 4  Spark looks ok.

Even I swap with old ECU but not solve the  problem. 

I will run Elan scan tomorrow and see if Any faults 

Yasuo:(

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes I did but I couldn't find any post regarding with only 2 cylinder running.

it happen While drivning amount 15 km lost power and back home drivning with 3thd gear.

today I  replaced Hall sensor too but not Help.

my car is SE turbo from 1992 with S2 ECU. 

May be I wil send A post elan central .

No, Andy

1 &4 and 2&3   So, not same coil but el. Diagram showet 1&3 and 2&4 are same pair  fuel injektors. So first I thought was ECU but When I swapped  with spare ECU (non- cat  type )  but it not help.

Darn, within the time it took to read the posts I'd forgotten which pair you had lost combustion on. In which case it's a matter of what is common to both?, so injectors (or parts of the loom), and gaskets etc.While possible that each one lost has its own fault, it's unlikely to be two separate faults simultaneously.

• Gold FFM

I can only think that you have lost whatever triggers 2 & 4 to fire. Firing order is 1,3,4,2 so you have lost the magnets (I presume) that trigger 2 & 4 to fire?

I don't know the setup so I am guessing.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

It's very strange, first I thought was easy task.

What I found out until now is coil pack is OK and all 4 sparking, hallsensor replaced but unchanged.

when replaced spark plugs all 4 looks ok and dry.  When I pull out no. 1 or no. 3 plugs leads nothing happen  but 

when I pull out 2 or 4 engine stop. No ending fault lamp on.

I will try with Elan scan and see what may wrong. 

It looks like  I need to measure all sensors and fuel injectors.

Yasuo 

Thanks Dave 

II ran Elan scan today and  it showed Oxygen Sensor Lean ( fault code 44)  on . Service note suggest check the grand coonection ( inlet) so, I checked but it seem to OK.

After engin ran  5-10 min and check spack plug  1 and 2  showed 1 is totally clean as new so as you suggest 

next step will be replace injectors .

Dave where I can buy the injectors e.g SJ  selling  over £365 for 4 ?

Hi Yasuo

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191637275013 

I searched for ages when I had the same problem looking at connections, plugs, leads, coil packs etc.

My car was transformed with new injectors, don't forget to do fuel filter as well which is under the battery panel accessed through a cover adjacent to the battery. Connections can get corroded if not done for a while.

Good luck and all the best fixing your problem.

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• Gold FFM

Yasuo,

If you pull the leads for 1 or 3 and nothing happens and ten you pull the leads for 2 or 4 and the engine stops, that would suggest that 1 and 3 are not firing. Not 2 and 4.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Thanks  Michael  

I know  1 and 3 not firing but  sparks both and plugs  are not wet , my guess is  no fuel .

So,  I  I will  check the fuel injectors  and may replace  when I get new one..

• Gold FFM

You are right. I just reread the title and you said only 2 and 4 running.

I'll go and sit in the corner now. :getmecoat: 

• 4 weeks later...

Now I got  new injectors from U.S 

So, started with replaced fuel filter and  manage to  take out all injectors, but  new injectors looks like 5 mm  shortere than org.

when  I installed the new,  showing  too short and I can see  the O rings  bad luck , so Contact seller.

At the same time checked  old injector and  looks like totally  dead.

So, need to get  new  sets.

Yasuo

• Gold FFM

I have a contact in the states who supply a full set of matched injectors, O rings and clips for £130 delivered in two weeks.

• 4 months later...

I had this problem on a brand new S2 engine from a crate. When I was checking the power supply to the injectors I accidently earthed the the injector power supply to the inlet manifold and as if by magic the injector sprang into life so I tried the same with the last cylinder that was not firing and the same happened and it worked perfectly after that dont ask me how that worked I do not know?

Cheers Mike

Hi  Mike 

What you are  suggesting ?   you connected injectors connector to eather ? 

By the way  After  replaced  all  4 injectors solved  most of the problem,  so   now running almosst normal  and  Passed MOT  last week.

Y.Hotta

I had a test light probe in the positive connection to the injector and accidently bridged the + and - terminals on the injector. Dont know why this worked but it worked on the 2 injectors not delivering fuel on a brand new engine.

Cheers Mike

Have you got new leads?......quality high capacity.......

Mine has done the same.......changed out the hall sensor...coil packs and leads......solved all

Have also had a little misfire on start up on old fuel.....cleared after 30 seconds running....

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)