free hit
counters
Exige 380 - Michelin Cup 2 - Lotus recommended pressures? - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exige 380 - Michelin Cup 2 - Lotus recommended pressures?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 5 months later...

Now I had tyre pressure info on my Evora 400 and could watch psi increase on track, so wonder why this is anything new unless  you have a car without this capability ?

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Yes from memory it was pretty accurate,  I had the tyres filled with Nitrogen before an evening track session at Donington.  The start pressures were spot on and after a few  moderate sessions on track the pressures rose on average 4psi, with passenger front rising the most as would be expected.   

I didn’t manually check the 4psi rise mind you,  but after tyres cooled they went back to starting psi. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

You must have been luckier with your TPMS than me. Mine would regularly either under read or over read by 0.1 or 0.2 bar whilst on track. Not very useful for trying to maintain accurate pressures!

That Michelin system looks to be much more accurate and useful. However, it is an extra €400 (as well as being tied into specific tyres). 

On 4/1/2018 at 08:23, geartox said:

I was literally on youtube finding the link when I was on page one of this thread, then got to this point and saw you already repping JWW!

I know he could be slightly biased due to being brand ambassador, but it makes sense to me to get them if you can!

Edited by RoflOnMyWaffle

All UK trackday organisers ban timing devices for that reason - racing requires timing, having fun at a trackday technically doesn’t. The mindset for ‘racing’ is quite different (and much more likely to take risks) than the ‘trackday’ mindset. 

• 1 month later...
On 18/06/2017 at 14:27, TonyKL said:

Hope that some lucky person with a 380 would be able to let me know what Lotus recommend the (cold) tyre pressures to be for road driving.  I've fitted Cup 2s to my V6S and have been recommended very different pressures by different people.  

Could a 380 owner please let me know and put this debate to bed.

Thanks!

What sizes did you buy?

36 minutes ago, RS4 said:

What sizes did you buy?

Just yesterday I've changed the original Pirellis to PSC2 in 265/35/18R and 215/45/17F - so 10mm wider in front. No issues whatsoever and it does feel good so far. Also was really surprised by how adequately proced those are - can't see any reason to buy anything else.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

As a new owner of a 360Cup I found this interesting thread. 
So, to summarise the wisdom above you use for Michelin:

Road: 29psi (2 bar) / 32psi (2.2 bar) COLD

Track: The same but when HOT

Easy to remember : )

Then of course adjust to taste if preferred, to alter the balance.