free hit
counters
1981 Lotus Esprit Turbo Dry Sump - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

1981 Esprit Turbo Dry Sump

Potential sale only as not 100% sure ( may regret it but need space for another project).

Requires light restoration work and respray

Stacks of history with Engine rebuild by SW lotus centre around 2000 miles ago.

Been off road for some time so will need full service and fuel clean.

Does run but needs belts doing due to age rather mileage.

Original Compomotive car ( wheels currently removed ready for refurb but fitted with wheels to move it), new centre caps and cup washers included.

Panasonic Roof radio included to be installed.

Black 1/2 leather

Contact me for more information as only advert placed online to test interest.

The post 1981 Lotus Esprit Turbo Dry Sump appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

Click to view item

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol! Hi Dan, I already have the full Decal set mate and will probably go for the pre production Essex look with chrome handles and plain back bumper, my car already has the early rear louvred hatch, I

Hey Stu Thanks for the paint code that will be the colour with chrome handles. Yes Elan is going back to the previous owner so gone at a discount, he is really pleased all the history has been tr

Steve Had a few emails but two with P/x, it started to play on my mind so painfully have decided to let my development Elan go instead which I know I'll regret one day! I have all the bits t

Posted Images

I always new you would do an Essex replica Dave :) With you loving the Essex and also having all the bits it's a no brainer imo. ! 

I would get the Essex badges made up and on the production line sticker list it as the number after the last onemail to leave the line ! Shame to have a replica and not have that badge by the fuel cap :yes:

looking forward to the updates 

• Like 1

A

Well that has confirmed it as took deposit on the Elan today ?, quite sad as love that car but on the bright side the Esprit will be in a fresh coat of blue soon with gorgeous red and chrome decals! :thumbup:

Were the development Essex Esprits a different shade of blue? Seem to remember seeing something about A16 and A17? 

Time to start taking it to bits and trying to get those original gold stripes off which seem welded to the paintwork after 36 years. ?

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Lol! Thanks Mike, race to see who has their car running first now matey! Spanners at the ready!! ??

Must get that engine out to catch up though to sort those belts and clean up.

How's your tanks coming along? I will be following Fabians lead with them.

just picked up one tank .Now repaired .My mate has started on the other one ....why did lotus put ....Use the foam on the tanks when new ....Any one know .Just up to the garage in a  while to give the tank a couple of coats of Bonda primer ....Then black enamel ...then a splosh of waxoil .the in side of the tanks are very good .Mike.ps I think you might beat me to it .Hope not lol....Mike.

I doubt that Mike as priority will be the mini, only want the Esprit down the bodyshop so I can spread out and remove the mini sub frames. Having both cars in the garage is a squeeze. I am going to get my tanks coated in 3M Raptor if not corroded as excellent product the bodyshop did all my mini underside with. I am going to have the same done in the Esprit arches as very hard wearing. Do look forward to pulling the engine though before the car goes to paint.

No idea why they used foam to sit the tank on other than noise reduction to stop vibration? 

Wow Dave the Elan sale was quick. I hope you did well with it. Selling the Monument family heritage there lol ! The active car was A16 paint code. Hope all is well mate , Stu 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...