free hit
counters
81 dry sump turbo - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

81 dry sump turbo

After 13 years I have finally decided to sell my Lotus as I just do not get chance to use her anymore ?
She is a well known car among the forum members and has been heavily photographed.
She is a 1981 Dry Sump Turbo with split rim 4 stud Compomotives and a single support strut on the loovers. The engine and gearbox are OE.
It came out of the factory with air con but the PPO removed the entire system to add lightness.
Passed the MOT in December with a couple of advisories, so replaced top ball joints, adjusted the hand brake and got the washer bottle working. ‘While I was at it’ did an oil and filter change, spark plugs, ARB bushes, all the rear link arm bushes, Replaced the fuel lines, stripped and refurbished the carbs, changed the Cambelt then finally balanced and tuned the car. That covered xmas hols!
She has 77450 miles on the clock, mechanically sound with good Goodyear tires and up rated 4pot front brakes from PNM.
Sadly the drivers seat stitching needs sorting and the paintwork has micro blisters all over so eventually may need a respray.
She comes with 2spare front wheels and other spares.
The price reflects the condition and priced to sell at a price I would buy her at, £23950 ono.

The post 81 dry sump turbo appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

Click to view item

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@dodgy :no

Drive it more! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Great car maby get some better pictures of the car outside the garage,

Wish I could drive he more Bibs, did my back in 18 months ago - bulge in l4,l5 & l5s1 and trapped a nerve to the front right leg, still doing physio (sp?) so she is comfortable to drive but I pay for it the day after ?

I will try and get some more photos up soon. She really is a lovely car and I hope some buys her soon so they can enjoy the summer and she can get an airing. It's a shame for her to sit there in the insulated garage unseen, especially as she is mechanically roadworthy as she is and the paintwork is only noticeable when up close.

• Like 2

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Nice car that. Comps on their own would be worth a fair amount. Bargain for someone there. Got to be worth more than it cost after a resrpray and interior trim I'd have thought.

Good luck with the sale.

The nearest I could figure is 'Titainium pearlescent' Dan. Sometimes when you look at it, it has a tint of gold, other times a tint of green.

i have not advertised anywhere else as I would prefer to sell her to someone looking for one rather that buying on a whim

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• Gold FFM

Dave I have never seen one in that colour, it is gorgeous. Need bigger garage and a smaller mortgage, that and Luke's Panther Elite with mine sitting 3 abreast in a garage. Could the world get any better. 

Looks lovely, that must be a one off especially with the green carpets. I think you are under priced with sums the big auction houses are fetching for these cars. 

I do hope someone on here buys it though as bargain and very unique.

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Dave, he has a good deal and fantastic rare car in a great combination. Hope your back improves and one day another lucky Esprit graces your garage.

Is the new keeper on the forum so I can update the Register?

Dave ?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, for what it's worth I also think Dave sold the car too cheaply. This is my third but I think many people have an inflated idea of the Esprit's worth. Dreamers with no money believe they're worth a fortune, and some owners who would like to think they're worth more than they are. Usually led on by the trade and showrooms who hike up their prices just to try it on.....and sometimes it works. My reasons for advertising  on the Piston Heads site are genuine and accurate, the car really does deserve a better custodian than me. Dave took great pride in his car and it shows. Me, I'm a bit lazy when it comes to attentive detail. Don't get me wrong, I love the car and am chuffed to bits to own it. For sale due partly by an advertiser on "carandclassic " who claimed his dry sump was the only one in the world for sale.....and at Fifty Thousand pounds. Too tempting a challenge to resist. If mine goes, I'll be happy and I'll see Dave alright. If it doesn't I'll still be happy, just have to discipline myself to be a bit more attentive. True value ? Somewhere  between Dave's price and mine. Market  forces will decide, and the passage of time. Meanwhile, enjoying the buzz having the occasional drive. Great cars.

• Like 2

Well said Howard and welcome to the forum, if fairness your price thoughts seem fine to me as a lovely car in superb colour.

Good luck with the sale and enjoy your ownership in the meantime.

• Gold FFM

I am with Dave on that, good luck mate beautiful car and as everyone always says it’s worth what someone will pay for it, the Esprit market is a bit weird at the moment in my eyes. How Stephens Yellow one hasn’t sold I don’t know then a S1 goes for 105k. Strange. 

• Like 1

Time of year Dan, I had lots of potential buyers for my Elan in spring/summer but not getting a bite now. Living out the way for both Stephen and myself doesn't help I guess. 

Still lets us keep enjoying our cars and maybe even change our minds ?

• Like 2