free hit
counters
Windscreen Wiper - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Windscreen Wiper

On 11/2/2017 at 04:00, Don.Hasi said:

Clive: like this, hope you can identify it

Not an expert at all Don, but yes, looks different. No idea who made it. Your instrument cluster is different too. And your steering wheel is different. Yours seems more Excel looking?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Indeed, the instrument cluster is from a MY85 Excel because the stock layout is complete useless with the most important OEM gauge out of the view of the driver. It ruins of course a bit of the interior design but for the health of the engine sake, this is worth it.

The steering wheel instead is a genuine option of the price list and feels very good when cornering

Edited by Don.Hasi

• Gold FFM

I am sure I have one kicking about in the shed, can't remember if it came off an Elite or an Eclat though, and it has the switches etc still on it.

• 2 years later...

Just resurrecting an old thread on windscreen wipers since, when wiring mine up the motor blows a fuse with the permanent live connected once I turn on the fastest speed. The wipers do not park in the first speed also. I'm guessing the park switch is faulty. Any advice?

New park switch is not available. I guess this means a new motor. The comments I. This thread refer to an intermittent wipe when the stalk is pulled towards the driver. I'm guessing that this is more accurately described as a single wipe? If it's Intermittent then where is the timing circuit?

• 2 months later...

Made any progress with your wiper Mike?  Mine (16W) looks like it's on it's last legs as well.  I understand the 14W brush pack can be made to fit the 16W, but the park switches are rare. Some of the wire in mine looks like it's been really hot as well.  Considering using an Excel (29W) unit - readily available park switches!

Pete

Not yet. The wiper wipes although doesn't park so I will leave it for the time being. Not is more important to me at the moment. I seem to have a 180deg sweep. When selecting a new motor the sweep angle is important obviously. The sweep angle can be changed by the wheel inside the motor body or by the wheel box which can have more teeth so choose with care!

Car builders solution sell wiper motors with varying wheel sweeps but they are pricey.