free hit
counters
Esprit S4 clutch - Page 2 - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Barrykearley

Esprit S4 clutch

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Helix also sell clutch kits for the S4s

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MrDangerUS said:

Wow! 

AP's kit has  CP8300 in it ?

That's exactly as my OE cover! Grrreat!

Before you get too excited, that photo is from SJ’s site.

As whether it’s an AP item is anyone’s guess.

14 hours ago, Giniw said:

(I couldn't find the S4s/S300 kit price on the PNM website, only the S4 variant ... ?!)

I've already covered this elsewhere. The S4 kit on the PNM site  PNMQ0014 will fit the S4s. It requires either an S4 flywheel, or an S4s flywheel re-drilled to S4 clutch cover pattern. This is the same clutch I've been using for nearly 5 years now.

The S4s/S300 flywheel is a different P/N to the S4, but it's simply a hardened steel version, with different clutch cover holes.

Yes I've read you redrilled your flywheel. Quite an interesting option that I keep in mind, but I was still curious to know the S4s/S300 dedicated kit they offer ^^

I think the S4S/S300 OEM is much more expensive than the S4 OEM, but maybe the PNM kit is about the same price as the one they sell for the S4? Well, I hope at least :D

On 12/07/2019 at 14:45, Giniw said:

(I couldn't find the S4s/S300 kit price on the PNM website, only the S4 variant ... ?!)

IMHO,

for S4s, blessed with its high torque output, I wouldn't use S4 cover or any clutch with less clamping force than the Lotus original Spec.

JAE here,  http://www.jaeparts.com/contact/  has the right,  8300N-force covers!  Just ask for S4s clutch kit PN#  Q-6032-525 KIT  

When you're running a "red chip", or other high torque/power chips, this cover is the absolute minimum you have to use.

JAE Q-6032-525 KIT.jpg

Edited by MrDangerUS
  • Like 2

To be clear, I maintain that if you’re running a standard S4s setup, you don’t need this cover. What hasn’t been said, or presumably considered, is what the uprated S4 clutch specifications might be, rather there is an assumption that because the cover is listed as being for an S4, that they have a lesser clamping force. Remember that a cover can be manufactured with different clamping forces to suit. The S4 cover and plate I described earlier works perfectly well, and my car is standard specification apart from an Alunox exhaust. One pays one’s money, one makes one choices, though.

With an uprated engine, then of course things change, that is undeniable. I’m sure @CHANGESwill be able to confirm that!