free hit
counters
Simba vs Casper vs Tempur - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Simba vs Casper vs Tempur

Bibs

https://simbasleep.com/

https://casper.com/uk/en/mattresses/

http://uk.tempur.com/mattresses

I want a new mattress and it's seems there's been a revolution since I last bought my pocket sprung one a decade ago! 

Anyone use one of the new foam mattresses and have an opinion? They're all around £800 - £1000 in super king and offer free delivery/free 100 night trial etc. The Tempur is the only one I've had a lie on as they have shops, the others are internet only. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would be interested in hearing others opinions on these mattresses as well Bibs.

Was just yesterday trying some out and was tempted by the Slumberland Serene.

All these memory foam/latex/geltex products are expensive in comparison to traditional mattresses but are they better.

Chipp

Can't help you on these ones, but having used a foam matteress whilst living abroad, we couldn't get on with a spring mattress which we used for the 2 years between moving back here and buying a house.

Bought this one a decade ago and it is still going strong - it's also £4 cheaper now than it was in 2007! We deliberately didn't go for a memory matteress but for a straight foam one, as this was what we were used to, so I'd be interested in a comparison between the two types.

• Gold FFM

Yes, we've used a memory foam mattress for some time, actually on our second one now. They feel weird when you first lay on them, you kind of slowly sink into them until your weight and shape is supported, but we like them a lot, and wouldn't go back to a sprung mattress now,

Margate Exotics.

We're tempura converts. You might get issues in the first days of some plasticky smells ( but owning a lotus you'll be fine ...) and the it's the most comfy bed we've had or slept in. Even bought the pillows :)

Black n gold

We tried everything before buying our "Super King". Memory foam, sprung, mix of the 2. In the end we ended up with a silent night mattress, not memory foam. It has several advantages that were important to me. Firstly I am a sweaty Oik and my wife says I am like a radiator in bed. She's right, I sleep on top of the duvet even in winter. I find memory foam too hot. Secondly there was the cost difference, multiplied because we went with the superking. Thirdly, the Silent night has separate sections of sprung support and I felt it was just as good as the memory foam. 

Everyone to their own I suppose!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• 3 years later...

Had sprung matresses and had ordinary foam mattresses, both have been OK. Currently have a spung mattress with a built in ordinary foam topper - very good.

We tried laying on memory foam matresses in shops and thought  it would have been awkward if you change your sleeping position during the night (my wife is a tosser). I also thought it wouldn't have been as good for bonking. We didn't try that in the shop. We didn't buy one.

• Haha 1

Just finished the 100 nite trial with the Simba king size with the titanium springs 

Delivery very easey orderd on line and they rang 30 mins before delivery 

Came boxed,opened allowed to expand all good you can try one at John Lewis Bluewater.

I find it very comfy to sit on its soft but to lay on it's quite firm 

Well made and silent 

And cheeper on line than buying through John Lewis and don't think the 100 nite trial is offered through John Lewis so just get it on line 

But did the wife like it?! :lol:

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

11 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

my wife is a tosser). 

She's a keeper 🤣

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Haven't tried any of those brands but be very careful with memory foam if you find that you get too hot in bed.

I had a mattress with 2 inches of foam over 1000 springs. Fine for comfort (a bit overly soft but bearable) in the end I had to swap it due to the heat, and have gone for a SilentNight cool gel. The addition of the gel in the cells means it's more able to carry away heat and has a bigger thermal mass. I avoided the memory foam ones with air channels as I thought that 1) they move air when you move but does little when you are still , and 2) if the duvet etc closes the mattress in then moving warm air if of no real difference. Those were my assumptions, but even with the cool gel (which is noticeably cooler than the foam-topped) it's still pretty warm (can be sub-zero outside, window open and I have 4.5 tog duvet over just half of me and a sheet only for the other half.

Edited by andydclements
Because I cannot type accurately.

Tempur mattress here. King. Most comfortable mattress I have ever had. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

If you have a Dreams store near you I recommend you try out their Sleepmatch machine @Bibs. Once out of lockdown 3.0 obviously :(

We used it when we bought our new matress about 18 months ago and we've been pleased with the memory foam mattress we selected from its recommendations. In our case it recommended a Tempur and one of Dreams own "Hyde & Sleep" hybrid memory foam mattresses. We went with the latter because it was cheaper by some margin and we couldn't feel any difference between the two when trying them both in store. Whether we'll pay for the cheaper price in terms of longevity remains to be seen yet though.

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)