free hit
counters
2017 Show and Shine Competition - Lotus Festival | Brands Hatch | 2nd September 2017 - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
rizla603104    49

Hi Bibs - when do we find out if we were successful?

rizla603104    49

So I can get on and book tickets for the Festival if I wasn't....

Bibs    5,207

I'll be posting the S&S tickets today mate, you are on the list :)

makkyh    39

Afternoon Bibs. Did I make the list?

Cheers

Rick

Bibs    5,207

Hi Rick - I've done all this today and I'm afraid I didn't get an entry from you mate?

David Atkins Elan +2
Jim Estall Elan Sprint
Peter Milligan Elan +2
Roger Penn Elan S4 SE
Dave Brown Lotus Cortina

Barrie Cornes Essex Esprit
Lucas Reynolds Turbo Esprit
Peter Ruffoni Turbo Esprit
David Combes Turbo Esprit
Chris Cole Turbo Esprit

Trevor Buesnel Elan M100 SE
Paul Hogden Esprit S4
Paul Hanniford Exige S2
Lance Gill Elise S1
Chris Obank Elise Sport 135

David Devine Exige S240
Iain Turner Elise

rizla603104    49

I really think there should be a best Lotus Esprit S4 category. Or colour coded....? No?

Is there a modified class for Elans (not M100) ? I already have tickets but it's nice to see people shake their heads when they see a Duratec engine in an Elan's engine bay

IMAG0426.jpg

jonroberts    85

Hi Bibs, I registered for the show-n-shine online a few days ago but haven't had any email reply either..

jonroberts    85

Ah, I didn't see the closing date at the bottom of that page :-(

The Pits    2,649

I applied online too and website said it's was all good. Are we really all too late?!

With 17 entries there's room for a few more surely? Max of 10 entries per class = 40 cars.

Bibs    5,207

If entries are accepted after the deadline and one of the late entries wins, I'd imagine those who entered before would have the right hump. 

The Pits    2,649

Honestly wouldn't bother me if a better car won, but fair enough, the deadline is part of the competition.

Could have been more clearly flagged though, if quite a few missed it. Even bold type would have helped along with a reminder here.

Not so keen on the idea of driving 4 hours on 1984 tyres now and as of tomorrow I only have one Lotus to my name!

• Like 1

I will make sure to check the dates properly for next year and get at least one of my cars entered for Show N Shine.

I always treat these things as a bit of fun, but some take them quite seriously and mistake them for official concours. Looking forward to the show now, I have a parking voucher, so plenty of opportunity to wind up a few purists. 

top-plumber    201

This thread just answered the question I asked you in a pm Bibs. Late entry as I only just finished the car. No exceptions for 1 yr long restorations finishing a week too late then?

wayne✌️

The Pits    2,649

Could we ask the competitors already signed up if they have any objections to late entries or is that just too much of a ball ache?

I'm bringing the old timer anyway (it's the only Lotus I own currently!). We'll just have to set up our own splinter beauty contest and make sure our trophies are just a tiny bit bigger. ;) 

What shall we call it?

'Best of the Fest'? 

'Wash N Go'?

'Bobby Dazzlers'?

:D

• Like 1

The whole Festival is one great show and shine, if you have a VIP parking pass just turn up early and find a good spot.

People will enjoy looking at all the cars and not just those in the S&S or on TLF Stand.

VIP parking passes were handed out with the tickets on a first come first served basis for Lotus cars, you just had to tick a box on the ticket application. I think there were a few hundred of them, 

trevorB    14

Thank you Bibs for all the organisation another great day especially as this was most unexpected.  

Where can I find the official photographs that were taken?

2017-09-02 14.23.21 (1024x576).jpg

• Like 1