free hit
counters
White Turbo Esprit on Ebay - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

White Turbo Esprit on Ebay

WayneB

This lovely looking Giugiaro is for sale on Ebay again. Are these the guys that repair and respray Esprits for a living? Nice car, it looks just like mine with a blue interior. Join the white Esprit division of the forum! ;)76_1_b.JPG

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how nice... but it's been resprayed the incorrect color ;)

nice car though

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Its marks from coach works whom im bloody annoyed with cause I begged him to sell it me for 10k for over 2months and he wouldnt budge and now its 10K and Ive gone off and brought a red one, RED being the wrong colour!

My bella Dessigna winna da polla no problemma ;)giugiaro.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guigiaro fosters unity between people of all different colors ;)

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest teigan

that is one ugly paint job. the paint layer is so thick, the original shape of the car is obscured. that's why i'm afraid to get my car painted until i prep every panel myself.

Guest teigan

i went to transportation design school, and had to render a lot of cars. there is supposed to be an obvious highlight and lowlight at the sharp edges, even at a distance. this is normally very pronounced on an origami car like the giugiaro esprit. also easiest to see on a black or white car, because there is only one line. because of the thick paintjob, the edges have rounded off and there is no edge definition.

i went to transportation design school, and had to render a lot of cars.  there is supposed to be an obvious highlight and lowlight at the sharp edges, even at a distance.  this is normally very pronounced on an origami car like the giugiaro esprit.  also easiest to see on a black or white car, because there is only one line.  because of the thick paintjob, the edges have rounded off and there is no edge definition.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

heh, I hate to make this a black and white issue (that's been discussed enough) but...

My main problem with white cars is precisely that. On most white cars, edges and surfaces are undefined and dull. If a black paint job reflects it's surroundings, you can very clearly see the difference between the black paint and the white reflection.

The white paint also reflects its surroundings as white... but you can't tell.

That's why white never looks shiny except under untypical circumstances.

slade.

Guest teigan

jpeg compression would exaggerate the edges.

as for black cars, yeah it's great when they act like mirrors. very pretty. a pain to draw.

i wouldn't dare have a black car where i live though. even a white esprit is uncomfortable in hot weather. in summer, you can identify an esprit driver without seeing his car; sweaty back and one frozen knee.

jpeg compression would exaggerate the edges. 

as for black cars, yeah it's great when they act like mirrors.  very pretty.  a pain to draw.

i wouldn't dare have a black car where i live though.  even a white esprit is uncomfortable in hot weather.  in summer, you can identify an esprit driver without seeing his car; sweaty back and one frozen knee.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Teigan... you live near me :( Newport Beach eh? I go into the OC all the time. I'm out in Riverside (the desert) so it's probably about 20 degrees hotter where I am than you beach guys... That would make it about 120 degrees here I assume, which feels right...

Honestly, my AC blows cold, and the tan interior does wonders for keeping the car cool... It's not unbearable. PRobably would be with a black interior.

my heater doesn't work though. don't need it round here :)

slade

So it's got nothing to do with image compression that there is no edge definition :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry, I didn't mean to come across harshly at white cars, I do like them... but sometimes it's war! :) I was just stating that it is very difficult to see any edge definition anyways in a white car.

slade

Guest teigan

i know riverside well. have to pass it on the way to the ski resorts. you'll be interested to know i drove my esprit to big bear lake last winter, completely disregarding smart advice from the pistonheads list. kept speeds under 40mph, and didn't have any incidents. roads weren't too icy either, as i travelled by day. you should try it. a passenger makes good ballast, and a few sacks of rice in the front boot can't hurt either. that way you have an excuse to tell the "for your rice only" joke.

Hmmm................still can't see it mate, but I'll take your word for it.

Are you open to looking at photies of prospective purchases (foc of course!) so that I don't waste my time viewing poor paint jobs?

Backmarker

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Guest teigan

quoth - "Blimey - you're perseptive, or maybe the owner is no Lord Litchfield??"

and you're robbie williams i presume? i'd hope i'm a bit more skilled than litchy. attached is a photo i styled and shot. cheers.

post-587-1122379581.jpg