free hit
counters
Esprit leather refurbish - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit leather refurbish

LOTUSMAN33

Not sure if this has been posted before but looks impressive and very reasonable;

http://www.leather-restoration.co.uk/services

IMG_0750.JPG.fc312d46bd028e4815c829bf495746fa.JPG

May help some owners out if leather only worn and discoloured. 

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have used woolies products several times but certainly not as professional looking as this Buddsy. If I were not changing my leather from black to red I would be giving them a call. 

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

The last owner and I believe the first owner of my car went to Connolly Leather in the U.K. in 1994 and purchased a pile of hides. He then brought them out to Cape Town and had a local upholsterer completely re do the 1984 Esprit Turbo.

The only problem was that the instrument binnacle was also covered with the same colour leather and driving the car in sunlight, the reflection of the binnacle on the windscreen is like driving through fog.

I have had to place a small piece of charcoal material over the binnacle to stop the reflection.

DSCF1499.JPG

DSCF1500.JPG

• Like 1

On 10-7-2017 at 07:19, Roger 912 said:

The only problem was that the instrument binnacle was also covered with the same colour leather and driving the car in sunlight, the reflection of the binnacle on the windscreen is like driving through fog.

I have had to place a small piece of charcoal material over the binnacle to stop the reflection.

Roger I am in for some new leather as well, I am aware about the reflection from the binnacle but what about that first 15cm of leather directly underneath the frontscreen, does that reflect as well?  (thinking of making that part black but a one color dash looks better imho

baie dankie, Rick

On 10-7-2017 at 07:19, Roger 912 said:

Hi Rick.

No it is just the binnacle that gives the reflection problem and I have seen them in black from the factory to overcome the reflection problem.

On my Excel it is the same. Light leather and a black binnacle, bus some idiot took silicon to it and made it shine. It needs to be matt black.

• Like 1

I used the gliptone stuff as well.  Did the job well and usually lasted a good 12 months.  Unfortunately the gliptone product can't mask tears in the leather which is where I'm at now, so time for a re-covering.  Seats pulled out on the weekend.  Driver's seat is nasty, co-pilot seat is unused and 'as new'.  Just the way it is I suppose.  Maybe Lotus should just build single seaters to save on recovering costs.  ;-)IMG_4885.JPG.41e88fb59646e1e72a084887227920fe.JPG

IMG_4791.JPG.ca3b0aea1724534d7d05b828b253d6e9.JPG

• Like 1

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017